Damier Azur Before/After Cleaning Pics?

EmilyXLC

Oct 28, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hi all!

I am purchasing a slightly dirty Damier Azur Speedy 35 on layaway via FP. The exterior is just a wee bit dingy & the handles have a heavy patina (I may look into replacing them). I was wondering if anyone had any advice on cleaning it & even some before & after pictures!

I've heard using a Magic Eraser, an actual eraser, eye makeup remover, baby wipes & Coach leather cleaner. Would any of this actually hurt the exterior or even remove the blue squares?

nova_girl

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
Northern Virginia
EmilyXLC said:
Hi all!

I am purchasing a slightly dirty Damier Azur Speedy 35 on layaway via FP. The exterior is just a wee bit dingy & the handles have a heavy patina (I may look into replacing them). I was wondering if anyone had any advice on cleaning it & even some before & after pictures!

I've heard using a Magic Eraser, an actual eraser, eye makeup remover, baby wipes & Coach leather cleaner. Would any of this actually hurt the exterior or even remove the blue squares?
Hi, I can comment about using the Coach cleaner and baby wipes. I used the Coach cleaner and moisturizer on the vachetta on my Siracusa about two weeks ago and so far I haven't noticed any damage. There weren't any noticeable stains or dirt so I didn't press too hard but just wiped it without applying too much pressure. I used baby wipes on the canvas and did apply a bit more pressure than I did when cleaning the leather, and there didn't appear to be any damage to the color of the squares. When I looked at the baby wipe there just appeared to be dirt on it and not color from the canvas. I hope this helps, and good luck cleaning your bag. Let us know how it turns out!

MadgePadge

Jun 1, 2012
Southern CA
I recommend using the LV Vachetta kit from lovinmybags.com. The reason the Magic Eraser works is because it has "BLEACH" in it. Using bleach on precious vachetta leather is a no, no.