Damier Azur bags

allierichie

Feb 13, 2007
I was watching Real Housewives of OC last night and saw Vicki with the Damier Azur Saleya bag and fell in love with it. Not because of her, but just because it looked so cute! I think that will be my next purchase, possibly...few questions though about the bag and the leather:

Damier Azur, does it dirty? I only have mono bags, which are brown and never show any dirt. Since the azur is lighter, will my nail polish scratch off on it and show up or will dirt show easier?

Could the Saleya be a going out bag, as well as an everyday bag?

Does the Azur look more "warm weather"?

Are the straps comfortable to wear over the shoulder?

Any other comments on salaya or azur?

Thanks in advance for replies!

From what I understand azur does not show dirt any more than regular mono or damier canvas. I pretty much thought that too since canvas is so durable, if anything ever gets on it, a baby wipe can clear it up, but also I notice things just don't 'get on' canvas, it's that type of texture or surface.

There are mixed reviews as per season, it seems pretty split here on this board. I plan on getting one for the spring but I would wear it of the outfit were right on a cold winter's day. If I saw someone with it in the colder months I wouldn't think twice. My dh saw it and said it looked wintry, I guess the gray/winter white look. I don't wear my damier ebene in warm weather, with the chocolate handles it doesn't look right that time of year, but I wear mono bags all year bec. it's just a neutral bag imo and the vachetta is light.

Can't answer questions about the saleya as I don't know how that style feels on.

I can't wait for March when I will get the azur speedy 30, I think it's a fine looking bag that is sure to be a new classic. I say go for it, it'll be fun and a nice change to have a lighter colored canvas bag.

I have the speedy 30 in azur so i cant really help you with some of the questions but i will tell you that i love that bag in the summer and winter! Also its material is the same as the mono and damier...its canvas. so you can just wipe it clean if something does get on it, unless its on the vachetta of course but the same applies to the monogram as well.

in fact, i went to bingo one night and somehow got a big smudge of bright green bingo dauber on the side of my bag, i was like WTF?!?!:wtf::wtf: but it wiped right off...even after it had dried, i just got a wet wipe/baby wipe.

i love the azur line, i wish they would make more bags in like a speedy 35...also love the look of the saleya i say get it!

Damier Azur, does it dirty? I only have mono bags, which are brown and never show any dirt. Since the azur is lighter, will my nail polish scratch off on it and show up or will dirt show easier?: I dont think it would get too dirty....You could probably wipe it off with a soft cloth......I dont know about the nailpolish though.

Could the Saleya be a going out bag, as well as an everyday bag: I guess so....it might be too big (espically the MM and up) but thats my opinion.

Does the Azur look more "warm weather": It might to some people, but i think you can wear it anytime.

Are the straps comfortable to wear over the shoulder: They are pretty comfy to me

Any other comments on saleya or azur: The Saleya is a very cute bag...I think if i had the money, i would buy the PM now!!!

Hope that helps :]

I was watching Real Housewives of OC last night and saw Vicki with the Damier Azur Saleya bag and fell in love with it. Not because of her, but just because it looked so cute! I think that will be my next purchase, possibly...few questions though about the bag and the leather:

Damier Azur, does it dirty? I only have mono bags, which are brown and never show any dirt. Since the azur is lighter, will my nail polish scratch off on it and show up or will dirt show easier?

Could the Saleya be a going out bag, as well as an everyday bag?

Does the Azur look more "warm weather"?

Are the straps comfortable to wear over the shoulder?

Any other comments on salaya or azur?

Thanks in advance for replies!

I have the azur saleya pm and love it. I do think of it as my spring/summer bag though. It's comfortbale on the shoulder and arm. I found that the Mr. Clean erasers got off any dirt marks.

Interesting questions - just about the same I have.
I have totally fallen in love with the Azur Saleya...

I'll follow along here - checking the answers.
Good luck on your purchase - hope I can afford one at some point...

I love the azur line, too. I originally bought the saleya pm but returned it bc it seemed a bit big/wide for me (I like smaller bags) and got the azur speedy 25 and am trying to decide if I'm keeping it. I have the azur accessories pouch and it's perfect for going out! I always thought I'd be a mono girl until I saw a post of an azur speedy and just loved it! Keep us posted!

I really like the azur line. I think it can be used year-round, like any color bag, based on your outfit. I agree with some of the previous posts, that it looks chic against heather grey and winter white, and it equally puts some "pop" on black, navy, red (the more traditional winter colors).