Damier Azur at Disney?

I would bring it to dinner, but bring a fabric tote for the parks.

If you do decide to bring it to the park, get some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works MAGIC in cleaning the vachetta, especially on the piping on the corners when it rubs against denim!

Have a great time!!

Love Disney and LOVE LV but couldn't bring myself to bring the 2 together! LOL!!

When I'm at Disney I like to be very mobile. So a Speedy would slow me down (I think...). I would take the Speedy down and use it for the dinners out etc... But I would use a cross body bag for the parks that can handle a bit of moisture (perspiration, rain, wine (if you go to Epcot and visit the country pavillions) etc...

I wouldn't. Honestly, given what 90% of the people at amusement parks wear, no one other than you is going to care what bag you have. I wouldn't take any bag I cared about to a place like that. Even if you do your best to take care of it, stuff happens. Things can get spilled, you sweat, there are water rides, etc... I would take it for dinners and such but I'd just take a cheap tote for Disney if you need to carry stuff around with you. Not worth the hassle to me.

Reactions: Steph1377
I wouldn't bring my LV to Disneyworld/Land because any bag you take with you is bound to take a beating. I would take your Azur if you plan on going out in the evenings, but bring a tote or shoulder bag that you wouldn't mind getting wet or thrown around. HTH! :P

Oh, forgot to mention you will likely get caught in at least one torrential downpour while you are in a park, so you might want to keep a plastic bag handy if you do take the Speedy.

I personally wouldn't do it. The speedy is handheld and it will be very hot, the bag will patina more quickly (not sure if you like patina or not) and it could get splashed on some of the water rides.

I was just at several theme parks in Orlando (universal, sea world, etc) and I would NEVER bring an LV to one- you're likely to get water sprayed on it or worse!!

I brought my cheapest, junkiest purse- that way, I had no guilt when enjoying the rides!

Nah....I think you should skip it. I'm going there on May 2 and I'm going with my trusty gap messenger bag - nothing to think about, nothing on my arm, if it gets wet - it'll dry right then and there and if dirt gets on it? Eh - I'll throw it in with the wash when I get home.

IMO, seriously, I NEVER care what others think of me whenever I'm at those places. I'm parading about in my seriously laid-back look - you're there to enjoy the rides, get wet, get happy and don't even give your bag a second thought. You keep your sweetie Azur at home safe and sound. You will be sooooo glad you did!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine on the Matterhorn? You'd be like - 'uh where do I put my bag? Did someone spill coke on the floor? What if I'm on a big turn and my bag flys out of my lap and out of the ride?'.......:wtf:

Nah....I think you should skip it. I'm going there on May 2 and I'm going with my trusty gap messenger bag - nothing to think about, nothing on my arm, if it gets wet - it'll dry right then and there and if dirt gets on it? Eh - I'll throw it in with the wash when I get home.

IMO, seriously, I NEVER care what others think of me whenever I'm at those places. I'm parading about in my seriously laid-back look - you're there to enjoy the rides, get wet, get happy and don't even give your bag a second thought. You keep your sweetie Azur at home safe and sound. You will be sooooo glad you did!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine on the Matterhorn? You'd be like - 'uh where do I put my bag? Did someone spill coke on the floor? What if I'm on a big turn and my bag flys out of my lap and out of the ride?'.......:wtf:

That's a great point jchiara! A lot of times, they actually make you check in purses/bags/loose items as a safety precaution. So you wouldn't want to have to leave it in one of those obscene cubby hole thingies and then worry about it the whole ride, lol. I'm usually an advocate of always using what you bought in any circumstance. But, I think this is different, KWIM? Have fun!

I just got back from disneyland not too long ago and I brought along my gucci tote. I went on practically every ride and it didn't get dirty a bit. If you want to look good, then go for it! I saw a few LVs here and there and most of them had vachetta. However, the fact that the speedy is only hand held might be very tiring for you. Imagine trying to care for your child, the heat, the annoying long lines AND worrying about your LV getting dirty. But whatever you decided on doing, have plenty of fun!!

although i'd normally be all for using your new speedy especially since you're going on vacation and have one life and should enjoy it and yadiyadiya...i highly would not suggest it for the purpose that you're going to disney.
if you plan on going on rides you are going to regret it because you'll most likely have to leave it on the floor of the ride. plus because it's white it'll get dirty easily. it's just not too convenient to carry a hand purse. i would suggest a shoulder bag or backpack for disney. just my 2 cents as i do love lv and did come back from a trip to disney fairly recently.

I wouldn't bring your bag into the parks. I once brought my LV bag into the park and sat it down next to me. Little did I know I stuck it in melted chocolate until I placed the bag on my lap and had melted chocolate all over my white shorts....what a mess!