Damier Accordeon Wallet

LVking

Jan 3, 2009
Hi, I have a question. I hope someone hear maybe able to answer it.
First off, I am a guy (not gay) and I recetnly got my hands on a portefeuille Accordeon wallet in Damier, the one with the gold chain. I am wondering if this wallet is for male or female? and if its too girly for a guy to use.... I heard that damier is unisex, but I also heard from various people that the gold chain looks a bit too feminine. What is your opinons? Will I look gay using this wallet?

No, LV did not say they would change the hardware. It was recommended that I purchase a silver chain to use instead of the gold chain. LV discontinued the Accordeon in damier and replaced it with a damier graphite accordeon that has a extra long silver chain.

How do you plan on using the wallet? Carring it all alone or in a bag? Is it going to be your main wallet or wallet for just somthing to hold stuff in. If you keep it in your pocket with the chain hanging out thats fine. Who cares anyways. Mabye if the girls see you have LV they know you have good taste and come after you more. All in all keep the wallet for sure.

Thanks for the input. I plan to either carry my damier accordeon in my backpack and only take it out when I need it or I would carry it in my back pocket and have the gold chain attached to my pants.

I would be using it as my primary wallet since the accordeon is capable of holding a lot of stuff in it.

Thanks for all the positive replies. I noticed that this forum has a lot of friendly regular readers that post great advice.

I absolutely think Damier Ebene is unisex, I love the Damier Ebene on guys! I understand your "concern" for the gold chain.. I think you can carry it off! As long as you like it!

I was also told that men wallets typically don't have button or zipper closures. They say that a mens long wallet should just fold shut.

However, I learned by reading through all the posts in this forum that there really isn't any set rules about this. I figure, as long as the individual can find a use for the wallet and they are happy with it, then that is all that really matters.

i have to admit that i do not prefer wallets with things like buttons/zippers for men, but that's just my opinion...

damier is unisex (love the graphite esp!) and your wallet is your wallet. if u love it, use it in good health and enjoy it each time u pull it out of your pocket :biggrin: if, however, the chain/button closures bother u to the point where it's going to take away from your enjoyment, or prompt u to think u have to prove your sexuality, u can exchange it for a different one - u should be truly happy with whatever it is u end up with, good luck deciding!