Damask Decision

Poptartlr

Jan 26, 2007
I have a decision to make - I bought what I thought was a black/white damask work from overstock (using a personal shopping service, shopgopher, since I live in australia). I had planned to sell my truffle work to finance it. I received it today, and found out that it was a city, not a work as advertised on overstock.

Heren lies my dilemma. I love big bags, and i originally had a black city which I sold, as I found it too small. I got the same feeling about this one as soon as i opened it. But it is beautiful. I can either keep it, or try to seel it to make some of my cash back, or return it (but I lose the percentage that I paid the shopping service plus freight).

Help!!:confused1:

Ok, I took a few (bad) pics to describe it. I am just not sure if the city looks too small on me...I included the pics of the two works for reference. (sorry about the bad lighting etc!)

I do really love the way the colour looks though. And I would lose several hundred dollars in personal shopping fees by returning it....I might be able to better get my money back on ebay?

Attachments

• blackwhitecrook.jpg
    blackwhitecrook.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 145
  • bue.jpg
    bue.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 89
  • truffle.jpg
    truffle.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 79
  • bags together.jpg
    bags together.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 173
If you decide not to keep it, I would recommend selling it on eBay. Certainly you could at least get your money back and cover the shipping cost that you paid. Use www.ebcalc.com to figure out how much you would need to get as a minimum to break even, and go from there.

try selling it on ebay first, if it doesn't sell, then return it.

Did they (either overstock or the personal shopper) send you the wrong bag, or you read the info wrongly? If it's the former, then I don't see why you should have to bear any loss.

Unfortunately overstock had it listed on their site as a work, but they sent me a city. So it wasn't the personal shoppers fault - they did an excellent job. Although that means that I don't get the $s back for the fee!

OMG a bnwt damask?? Wow! Are you sure you wont get used to the size? Having looked at your pictures I don't think a city is too small for you. You're probably just used to wearing the bigger bbags and now the city size looks funny to you. It doesn't at all to me!

Wow, can't get over the fact that you found a brand new damask :love::shame: It's sooo pretty :heart:

hi there! i just bought a bnwt damask on ebay (for ALOTmore than your great deal!) I wasn't sure about it at first, but now I absolutely LOVE it! It is one of my favorite Bal's...I think the size looks great on you...you might fall in love with that shoulder strap too :smile: I would try it! It's the greatest bag and it looks fab on you!!! if you dont love it, sell it on ebay and you will easily get your money back! good luck!

Ok, I have been modelling it in my pjs tonight, and admiring it, and I think I am going to find it hard to part with! I guess I just always see myself as being too big to pull off a city, but maybe I am just used to bigger bags...

Does anyone have tips on how to protect/keep the damask clean? Any products?

I am going to have to work hard to get enough money to get my violet weekender when it comes in!

give it a little time to see if it grows on you (it looks great on you in the pics! :yes:) and if you still feel it's not for you, ebay it. i'm sure you'll at least recover your money on ebay, if not make a little profit.
good luck!!

OMG!!!!!!:nuts: Love that bag!:love: I think it looks great on you!:heart: I would hold on to it for a few days and see how you feel about it. If you wind up not liking it then put it on ebay~ I'm sure you'd sell it quickly. Such a cool bag!!!!~ I wish I could find it in the courier!!!