Damaged Gucci Dionysus

DionDavenport

Feb 26, 2019
Last December, I purchased a Gucci Dionysus Mini (it's my first luxury bag and I bought it with my first ever bonus, so it was a big deal for me). I've worn it only a handful of times, and 2 weekends ago I noticed one of the crystals had fallen out. I was so upset but luckily I was able to find the crystal in my home.

This past weekend I took the bag (and the crystal) to my local Gucci at Saks to see if it could be repaired/replaced/exchanged. I was told I could not return the bag because 30 days had passed. I was told I could not exchange the bag because it was damaged. And I was told I could have the bag repaired but it would take 3 to 4 months. I was super disappointed because I bought the bag to wear and don't want to be without it for 3/4 months but told the sales associate I wanted to send it out to be repaired.

The sales associate then took the bag, my receipt, and a contact card she told me to fill out (literally one of those cards you fill out to get emails from gucci) and put everything in the back. I was expecting to get some type of documentation/evidence that I was leaving my bag with them to be repaired and she said they didn't do that. I ended up just taking my bag back home because leaving my bag and proof of purchase with her made me uneasy.

This was super long winded but, is that Gucci's typical procedure (no returns/exchanges/documentation)? Should I just go back and give them my bag or is there another way I could have this repaired? Should I try another Gucci store? And has anyone else experienced issues with the crystals falling out of the Gucci Dionysus Mini?

Last December, I purchased a Gucci Dionysus Mini (it's my first luxury bag and I bought it with my first ever bonus, so it was a big deal for me). I've worn it only a handful of times, and 2 weekends ago I noticed one of the crystals had fallen out. I was so upset but luckily I was able to find the crystal in my home.

This past weekend I took the bag (and the crystal) to my local Gucci at Saks to see if it could be repaired/replaced/exchanged. I was told I could not return the bag because 30 days had passed. I was told I could not exchange the bag because it was damaged. And I was told I could have the bag repaired but it would take 3 to 4 months. I was super disappointed because I bought the bag to wear and don't want to be without it for 3/4 months but told the sales associate I wanted to send it out to be repaired.

The sales associate then took the bag, my receipt, and a contact card she told me to fill out (literally one of those cards you fill out to get emails from gucci) and put everything in the back. I was expecting to get some type of documentation/evidence that I was leaving my bag with them to be repaired and she said they didn't do that. I ended up just taking my bag back home because leaving my bag and proof of purchase with her made me uneasy.

This was super long winded but, is that Gucci's typical procedure (no returns/exchanges/documentation)? Should I just go back and give them my bag or is there another way I could have this repaired? Should I try another Gucci store? And has anyone else experienced issues with the crystals falling out of the Gucci Dionysus Mini?
If you're careful and have a steady hand, then you can actually use superglue to glue the crystal back in. It is not set, so it just needs an adhesive. You can always get a jewelry repair person who can also do costume jewelry (which sometimes involves gluing) to do it for you.

That being said, I agree with what @snibor said. You should bring it back to Gucci and demand a receipt for leaving your bag there if you do not want to stick the crystal on yourself nor get a non-Gucci employee to do it.

Reactions: Johnpauliegal
Definitely take it back and have them repair it but make sure you get a receipt. Similar thing happened to me at LV but I asked for a receipt for leaving my item, the SA actually looked confused or annoyed who knows but I got my receipt. Not sure why they would need you to leave your proof of purchase.

Definitely take it back and have them repair it but make sure you get a receipt. Similar thing happened to me at LV but I asked for a receipt for leaving my item, the SA actually looked confused or annoyed who knows but I got my receipt. Not sure why they would need you to leave your proof of purchase.
The proof of purchase is for the brand to decide if they should cover the cost of the repair based on the information on the receipt. It can determine if your item is still under warranty, or if they should waive the costs because you are a regular customer (perhaps the sales associate who assists with this doesn't know that they're working with a VIP).

When I brought my Dior VIII watch for a refresh, they needed the receipt and the warranty card. They kept the warranty card with the watch but I got to hold onto the receipt. When I got my watch back, I got the warranty card back as well. They needed it at the service center as proof of purchase and for warranty details.

The proof of purchase is for the brand to decide if they should cover the cost of the repair based on the information on the receipt. It can determine if your item is still under warranty, or if they should waive the costs because you are a regular customer (perhaps the sales associate who assists with this doesn't know that they're working with a VIP).

When I brought my Dior VIII watch for a refresh, they needed the receipt and the warranty card. They kept the warranty card with the watch but I got to hold onto the receipt. When I got my watch back, I got the warranty card back as well. They needed it at the service center as proof of purchase and for warranty details.

I understand the warranty card part. But leaving the receipt still seems odd...couldn’t they look that info up in the computer?

I understand that they have to have a copy of the receipt with the bag but it should have been just that...a copy. I have never left something that valuable with a reputable department store/vendor and not been given a repair ticket. These department stores are becoming ridiculous and they are embarrassing major brands. Take it to Gucci and be sure to tell them how poorly Saks handled the issue.

I understand the warranty card part. But leaving the receipt still seems odd...couldn’t they look that info up in the computer?
Maybe it's to make it more convenient for the repair center, which may not have access to the system as the items sent there are meant to be "screened" at the shops. I'm not sure.

Reactions: Venessa84
I understand that they have to have a copy of the receipt with the bag but it should have been just that...a copy. I have never left something that valuable with a reputable department store/vendor and not been given a repair ticket. These department stores are becoming ridiculous and they are embarrassing major brands. Take it to Gucci and be sure to tell them how poorly Saks handled the issue.
I agree. It is ridiculous for them not to provide proof that the bag is in their possession. I would feel very uncomfortable leaving my item there without this proof. I have gotten this proof for everything I have submitted for repair at any store, including Saint Laurent where they sent me an email as proof.

Reactions: serenluv202
I just posted a thread warning people to check the stones, as I just returned and was refunded a Dionysus belt. It is truly a shame the lack of quality in so many Gucci products these days, especially given I have a Guess belt adorned with crystals that is over 15 years old with not one crystal missing. Imagine that. Good luck.

This was super long winded but, is that Gucci's typical procedure (no returns/exchanges/documentation)? Should I just go back and give them my bag or is there another way I could have this repaired? Should I try another Gucci store? And has anyone else experienced issues with the crystals falling out of the Gucci Dionysus Mini?[/QUOTE

I just returned my Dionysus belt yesterday because I discovered (4) missing stones. Now whether they fell out during the course of my wearing it the 3 times that I did or I purchased it that way, is a mystery. However, the one thing I know is that for as much money as we pay for these designer items, this type of thing should not happen. I was lucky that I got a manager who was as horrified as me and immediately offered me a refund, which is virtually unheard of at Gucci. I truly was in no mood for a replacement and/or repair on such a new and expensive item. In your case I would take it to a Flagship store for repair. They should have all of your purchase history information in their system, which will track your having returned your bag for repair. DO NOT let anyone, but Gucci touch your bag. Good luck.

So I asked around on a fb group I frequent and several other women said they had the same issue with the same bag. One woman was lucky enough to have it happen in the first week so she could return the bag. The other women were still trying to decide what to do.

I ended up purchasing a jewelry glue on amazon and putting the missing crystal on myself. I used the bag for the first time tonight and another (diffent) crystal fell out. I’m so angry. Imo, the bag is useable, every time I wear it there’s a risk of another crystal falling out.

Does anyone know the odds of Gucci ageeeing to give me a refund?? I feel like I shouldn’t be stuck with this bag I’m too scared to wear.