Damaged Chanel Boots in shipping :(

tiffany089

O.G.
Jun 19, 2008
Had this happened to anyone other than me?

I was in California last year and fell in love with these Chanel combat boots. I'm extremely picky about shoes, and always just buy cheap ones because I'm more of a purse gal anyway.

I decided to wait until I got back to my home in Texas to buy them from my boutique. I guess they were not selling them in Texas or at least not in Houston. So the boutique was nice enough to order them for me and have them shipped there.

They came in and I cherished them and broke them in. They were so beautiful! They were also my very first pair of Chanel footwear so I was pretty excited. About a few months later I noticed one of the CC logos on one of the boots was missing. I'm not sure how it fell off because it looked like it was on there pretty well.

I decided to take the one boot back to the boutique to have them fix it for me. They shipped it off and said it would take up to 12 weeks. 12 weeks came and went, so I called them, and they said they still hadn't received them and to check back in two weeks if no one contacts me. Finally last Wednesday I get a call from them. I was told that unfortunately my shoe was damaged in shipping and my only options were a refund or they would swap them out with new boots from the current collection. The ones I ordered are no longer sold and I've only seen one pair on ebay which are not my size.

I went and checked out the new boots today, and they were nice, but I just wasn't excited as I was with the first pair I bought. Those shoes are so expensive, and I just can't justify spending my money on something if I'm not excited about them. So I'm going to just take the refund on my money.

I feel so ridiculous for getting sad about shoes. I just wish I never would have taken that one boot to get fixed. I could have lived without one logo on it. Sigh.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'll include a picture of the lone boot I had waiting in my closet to be reunited with its better half. And now that will never happen :nogood:

Attachments

• photo1 (2).jpg
    photo1 (2).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 255
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 252
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 253
Had this happened to anyone other than me?

I was in California last year and fell in love with these Chanel combat boots. I'm extremely picky about shoes, and always just buy cheap ones because I'm more of a purse gal anyway.

I decided to wait until I got back to my home in Texas to buy them from my boutique. I guess they were not selling them in Texas or at least not in Houston. So the boutique was nice enough to order them for me and have them shipped there.

They came in and I cherished them and broke them in. They were so beautiful! They were also my very first pair of Chanel footwear so I was pretty excited. About a few months later I noticed one of the CC logos on one of the boots was missing. I'm not sure how it fell off because it looked like it was on there pretty well.

I decided to take the one boot back to the boutique to have them fix it for me. They shipped it off and said it would take up to 12 weeks. 12 weeks came and went, so I called them, and they said they still hadn't received them and to check back in two weeks if no one contacts me. Finally last Wednesday I get a call from them. I was told that unfortunately my shoe was damaged in shipping and my only options were a refund or they would swap them out with new boots from the current collection. The ones I ordered are no longer sold and I've only seen one pair on ebay which are not my size.

I went and checked out the new boots today, and they were nice, but I just wasn't excited as I was with the first pair I bought. Those shoes are so expensive, and I just can't justify spending my money on something if I'm not excited about them. So I'm going to just take the refund on my money.

I feel so ridiculous for getting sad about shoes. I just wish I never would have taken that one boot to get fixed. I could have lived without one logo on it. Sigh.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'll include a picture of the lone boot I had waiting in my closet to be reunited with its better half. And now that will never happen :nogood:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not the tartan fold down boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so sorry and I can totally feel your pain, as these were awesome boots that they'll never do again, as they were part of the Paris-Edinburgh Métiers d'Art collection. I missed out on these, so I can only imagine what it was like to have them and then have them damaged. How damaged was the shoe? Is it at all salvageable? I'd never take something in for just a logo, as I really don't like the logos much anyway, but this is totally a crime of huge proportions!!! These boots were sooooo amazing! I'm going to cry alongside you! :sad::cry::crybaby:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not the tartan fold down boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so sorry and I can totally feel your pain, as these were awesome boots that they'll never do again, as they were part of the Paris-Edinburgh Métiers d'Art collection. I missed out on these, so I can only imagine what it was like to have them and then have them damaged. How damaged was the shoe? Is it at all salvageable? I'd never take something in for just a logo, as I really don't like the logos much anyway, but this is totally a crime of huge proportions!!! These boots were sooooo amazing! I'm going to cry alongside you! :sad::cry::crybaby:
Thanks for the sympathy! The damage was caused by rain and that's all I was told. I was told it was Fedex's fault. Curse you Fedex!!

Believe me, I kick myself now that I took them in for a missing logo. My thought process at the time was just to take care of them since they were my first pair of shoes I spent more than $100 on. I had no idea this would happen.

:sad:

Oh well, I'll get over it eventually. They're just shoes. Just extremely beautiful and rare shoes. :rain:

Thanks for the sympathy! The damage was caused by rain and that's all I was told. I was told it was Fedex's fault. Curse you Fedex!!

Believe me, I kick myself now that I took them in for a missing logo. My thought process at the time was just to take care of them since they were my first pair of shoes I spent more than $100 on. I had no idea this would happen.

:sad:

Oh well, I'll get over it eventually. They're just shoes. Just extremely beautiful and rare shoes. :rain:

Those were not "just shoes." They were your first pair of Chanel shoes, and a very rare pair of shoes to come by (they sold out at my boutique as soon as they came in). I'm so sorry this happened to you and to that beautiful shoe! I wonder if there is any way to fix the one that was damaged. I'd ask just in case; it may not be perfect, but it would still be your awesome shoe. Oh, how awful. :sad:((( :sad::cry::crybaby:

Those were not "just shoes." They were your first pair of Chanel shoes, and a very rare pair of shoes to come by (they sold out at my boutique as soon as they came in). I'm so sorry this happened to you and to that beautiful shoe! I wonder if there is any way to fix the one that was damaged. I'd ask just in case; it may not be perfect, but it would still be your awesome shoe. Oh, how awful. :sad:((( :sad::cry::crybaby:
I really had no idea how rare they were until I was told there was no possible way I'd find those shoes anywhere in stores. And also, there's only one on ebay, but not in my size. It might be in your size!

I have to bring the undamaged boot to the store when I pick up my refund check, so I'll ask more details about the damaged boot then.

I'm actually giving those replacement boots another thought. I think I shot them down immediately because of the quilted look. I liked the smooth leather look best, and that tartan was so cute! UGHHHH.

I am sooooo sorry!!! I would be really upset as well. It is different when it is something you really love and cherish, espically bc these were limited edition. Sending you hugs!! :hugs: Praying they are some way salvageable! Keep us posted! Such a BUMMER!!! Hoping something turns up!!

I am sooooo sorry!!! I would be really upset as well. It is different when it is something you really love and cherish, espically bc these were limited edition. Sending you hugs!! :hugs: Praying they are some way salvageable! Keep us posted! Such a BUMMER!!! Hoping something turns up!!
i really don't think they are. i'm sure they would have told me or given me that option. let's just hope a size 40 will pop up on ebay sometime in the near future. until then, i'm sticking with my cheap $70 boots lol.