Damaged box

Daphs

O.G.
Oct 24, 2011
I put the box of my Chanel bag in one of my packing boxes as I was moving from the US to the UK, without the bag inside. Unfortunately when the moving agent resized the box, the Chanel box was damaged with a big slice down the right hand side of it.

It's still in decent condition, but there is that slice which makes it look less than perfect. I've complained to the agent and they are willing to give me some compensation for it, but they have asked what the market value of the Chanel box is.

Can anyone give any insight to this? How much to just empty Chanel boxes go for? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

Ask the SA and see if you can "BUY" the box from them and how much they sell it? I don't know. Just a suggestion. Otherwise check out Ebay and see if anyone is buying/selling. Is this the old box or the newer box?

Daphs said:
I put the box of my Chanel bag in one of my packing boxes as I was moving from the US to the UK, without the bag inside. Unfortunately when the moving agent resized the box, the Chanel box was damaged with a big slice down the right hand side of it.

It's still in decent condition, but there is that slice which makes it look less than perfect. I've complained to the agent and they are willing to give me some compensation for it, but they have asked what the market value of the Chanel box is.

Can anyone give any insight to this? How much to just empty Chanel boxes go for? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

U can always go back to your SA as they always have spare.

Sorry I have to agree with legal2shop..Why not ask your SA for a spare? Unless you had some other valuables damaged, am afraid the time spent pursuing the claim (in moretary value) could be more expensive than the box itself.

My SA is in New York, where as I'm now back in London so it's pretty unlikely that they will ship me one over.

Fortunately, my move was handled through my company, which means processing any claim takes no more effort than an email.

Anyway, I may just ask for a spare box when I buy my next Chanel. I didn't realise it was fine to do this!