Damage to heel leather

japskivt, CL Madison and Horatio told me they won't repair them. Where did u go? Also, what color were the shoes that Arty repaired?

They may not PAY for repairs, but they can send them and charge you for them.

I have a life-long love affair with Jimmy Choo as well and my SA's there always send my damaged shoes in to Shoe Service for free.

CL Horatio has sent my shoes to Shoe Service as well.

I know that they ask customers who aren't "regulars" to pay for the repairs themselves.

That being said. My nude VP's went to Arty's and a burgundy Patent Choo Pump went to Shoe Service.

I have done other repairs through the stores (buckle replacement, strap shortening, re-dye on metallic).

The heel wasn't broken on those but the patent on the back was scraped up and hanging off due to an unfortunate incident with a Subway grating.

I think Shoe Service will do a petter job on patent than Arty's.

Arty's does all my re-soles, but I like shoe service for everything else.

HTH!

I took mine to Leather Spa (the new Shoe Service) and they didn't do much of anything except glue down the ripped leather. I took it to several other cobblers and they said nothing could be done since it is impossible to find an exact match to the camel patent.

Ladies, I am a little sad.....I wore my grey patent sharka to work today, and while I was walking to take the subway and talking on the phone at the same time, my heel got stuck in the little gap and when I pulled my foot out, part of the patent leather has been scratched off......my dad just helped me to glue part of the leather piece back.....and though my dad has no idea how much CL shoes cost, he knows they ain't cheap coz he said "I bet these shoes are expensive, maybe you should ask the store and see if they can fix the heel...."

So ladies, can CL replace the patent leather of the heel? How long would that take and how much would it cost? Or should I even bother since mostly you really can't see it all the way down there......but still....it's my 1st CL and I love the sharka, I am sad....

Any suggestions for me??

TIA!!

Attachments

• DSC07725.JPG
    DSC07725.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,861
Hi all,

I am not sure if it's just me, or if anybody else is experiencing the same problem as me. I almost always find myself with really bad scratch on the back of my Louboutin heels (or any other heels for that matter).

Some are so bad I can almost see the "bone" of the heels, if you know what I mean.

What I am wondering is if this can be repaired? Especially the patent leather ones!

I appreciate all inputs and recommendations! :biggrin:

This is quite common if you do a lot if walking in your heels. It can be repaired if they are black since it's an easier match.

^I think any exotic skins would be almost impossible for a local cobbler to repair and I think to match a nude color would be hard. You can also send your shoes to MM7 which would most likely be able to match any color/skin.

I can't believe it. I accidentally managed to step in a crack and it pushed up a piece of leather on the heel. Is there anyway to fix? I searched but couldn't find an answer. I tried smoothing it out but that didn't work. Any help or ideas are very much appreciate thanks!

Had the same thing happen to me with my blue python decolletes, the first time i wore them! Went to Artie's in NYC and they are as good as new. I'm moving and told him how sad i was to lose him, he said you can ship to him. If you have the time, call and see what he can do for you. He's not cheap, but neither are our shoes! Good luck!