Damage/Repairs Question???

MoreTorque

Feb 19, 2010
Hello!!!

I was wondering what kinds of repairs COACH provides.

I recently went on a trip and I checked my bag in (a bad idea from the start!) and when I retrieved the bag there was a tear in the leather. :sad:

I am planning on making a claim with the airlines but I wasn't sure if COACH did any repairs of that sort~~

You might want to try sending customer service an email and check if they do tears. I've sent my Coach bag (metallic leather was peeled off) but they were not able to repair it so they've sent me a store credit, which was much bigger than what I've paid for, so I'm very satisfied. They keep your unwanted bag though. On the other hand, I've sent my leather Chloe bag, which has a small tear in front (I've brought it with me on one of my tokyo trips), and they were able to patch it for me. They did a good job and there's no fee. :biggrin:

I also have a question......maybe you guys can help.... does it matter how long you've had the bag for repairs? is it only the newer styles or any bag that's damaged you can return? Thanks :smile:

From what I have seen from personal experience And from on here..
I am pretty sure that IF the repair is something that they CAN repair, a broken turnlock for example, they usually will.
I heard one time that they will offer repairs on bags that are UP to 15 to 20 years old but, I'm not sure if that is true or not.

For newer bags, I'm pretty sure it's 3 years or newer, they will usually just offer a merchandise credit for the retail value of the bag and 3 to 5 years old, they will send a 40% off coupon towards a new purse but, even on these bags, they will fix them, if they can.
Which, I'm not sure how they determine what to fix and what not to fix either.
I almost wonder if they pick and choose on a case by case basis.

I also have a question......maybe you guys can help.... does it matter how long you've had the bag for repairs? is it only the newer styles or any bag that's damaged you can return? Thanks :smile:

I took my chocolate zoe to the fp store to have it repaired, (the coating on the hardware was chipping off) and I wanted to see if they could repair it. they sent it in and about 4 weeks later I received a letter stating they couldn't fix it and was offered a credit of way more then I paid for it. I don't think it matters if it was purchased at an outlet or fp store. I took mine to the fp store because it was closer for me.

I would definitely send that in.
One of 3 things could happen..
1. You'd get full merchandise credit for the retail value of the bag
2. You'd get your bag back repaired.
3. You'd get your bag back unrepaired along with a 40% off coupon towards your next purchase.

It would be worth a shot to send it in.

I have a Carly Carryall, and the four corners on the bottom are frayed, will Coach repair this?

Yea, the merch. credit they offer, is based on the original retail value, not what you paid for it.

I took my chocolate zoe to the fp store to have it repaired, (the coating on the hardware was chipping off) and I wanted to see if they could repair it. they sent it in and about 4 weeks later I received a letter stating they couldn't fix it and was offered a credit of way more then I paid for it. I don't think it matters if it was purchased at an outlet or fp store. I took mine to the fp store because it was closer for me.

I would definitely send that in.
One of 3 things could happen..
1. You'd get full merchandise credit for the retail value of the bag
2. You'd get your bag back repaired.
3. You'd get your bag back unrepaired along with a 40% off coupon towards your next purchase.

It would be worth a shot to send it in.

Awesome thanks!! I can bring to any Coach right? :smile: