Dallas shopping musts?

Oct 30, 2006
I am going to be in Dallas for like one day (part of two days) and I have never been. Are there any shoppings musts? I have a free lunch coupon at NM so I will probably be near one of them at some point. I think there are two in Dallas? Is there a Rodeo Drive equivalent in Dallas? I tend to not buy anything in the high end places so it will keep me honest.

blah956

Aug 16, 2009
DFW
i like northpark and galleria because they are a mix of high end and average stores. with galleria, be prepared to wear some walking shoes cause it is huge.

but i prefer north park over galleria.

highland park village has a great restaurant called patrizio. it is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. also the people at jimmy choo's are snob *****es. i've taken my business elsewhere when shopping JC

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
There's actually 3 NM's in the Dallas area not including the one in Ft. Worth or the Last Call in Grapevine. They're Northpark Ctr, the very cool downtown flagship store and one North in Plano.
You may as well go to Northpark, it's Dallas' best one stop shopping - NM, Nords, Barneys, good restaurants, lots of high end boutiques, etc. . . .

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
^It's so cool and nostalgic, but not as fun in hot summer, holiday season is best.

tags

Aug 27, 2009
I heard that in Dallas once a year all the top designer stores take their last season items to the Colosseum and have a big sale. Is this true? I can't find anything on the web to support this and I don't want to call the store and sound stupid.

Feb 17, 2007
I'd go to Northpark, it's a mall, but much better than average. Inwood Village is fun and has good dining...Highland Park Village

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
If you can, also go about 40 min north to the outlet mall in Allen,TX. It's off 75, Stacy Rd exit. Lots of good deals to be had! Across the way there is also another huge mall being buildt (The Village) , and some stores/restaurants are already open.

Oct 30, 2006
We ended up going to Northpark because it was about 15 minutes from our hotel. I liked it. Didn't buy anything. Yeah!

Mar 8, 2006
Desperately Seeking Deals
I heard that in Dallas once a year all the top designer stores take their last season items to the Colosseum and have a big sale. Is this true? I can't find anything on the web to support this and I don't want to call the store and sound stupid.

I think what you are referring to is the sale at FIG (Fashion Institute Gallery) that is held 2wice a year.

Alisonfaye...the only thing I would not miss (if you are not opposed to resale) is Clothes Circuit. It is a designer resale shop, and is pretty amazing! In my opinion, everything else can be found in other cities. Dallas ladies consign tons of great stuff!!

titania029

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Dallas
Anne, I totally need to hang with you ;) I still haven't made it to Buffalo Exchange (maybe next week). But tomorrow, I think I'll hit Clothes Circuit.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
gawd I can't wait 'til all my kids are back in school! I NEEED retail therapy!!!:hysteric: