Daily Zippy vs. Rectangle Mini

Ladies,

My daily zippy came in today. I was able to place all my essentials (including my iPhone which can fit in the front pocket) in the bag. BUT, I've now lost love for the item since the SA didn't provide accurate dimensions. Subsequently, I went to NM and saw a now & forever large flap with rhw (twice the price btw) and it holds everything including my sunnies. So, should I keep the zippy or return it and keep saving for the difference, and pray that when/if I get my funds together I'll be able to find the now and forever quickly?!! I hate all this wait list and waiting stuff. Here are mod pics. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667301.897917.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667317.373352.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667336.140983.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667356.109588.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667374.109251.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667400.954356.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667414.830653.jpg

Ladies,

My daily zippy came in today. I was able to place all my essentials (including my iPhone which can fit in the front pocket) in the bag. BUT, I've now lost love for the item since the SA didn't provide accurate dimensions. Subsequently, I went to NM and saw a now & forever large flap with rhw (twice the price btw) and it holds everything including my sunnies. So, should I keep the zippy or return it and keep saving for the difference, and pray that when/if I get my funds together I'll be able to find the now and forever quickly?!! I hate all this wait list and waiting stuff. Here are mod pics. View attachment 2540259View attachment 2540260View attachment 2540261View attachment 2540263View attachment 2540264View attachment 2540265View attachment 2540266

I hate waiting lists too, i've been trying to get hold of a black caviar mini but all the waiting lists are full. I am now considering the daily zippy or the mini in a seasonal colour. You should definitely get what you want and fits your needs or you'll regret it and just save for another one.

I hate waiting lists too, i've been trying to get hold of a black caviar mini but all the waiting lists are full. I am now considering the daily zippy or the mini in a seasonal colour. You should definitely get what you want and fits your needs or you'll regret it and just save for another one.

I hear you!!! I just feel like I'm going to run against regret after regret, because once I return this daily zippy that's it, I won't find another comparable in size black caviar crossbody bag until August/September when hopefully the half moons will come back in black. I need a bag for the summer.

Ladies,

My daily zippy came in today. I was able to place all my essentials (including my iPhone which can fit in the front pocket) in the bag. BUT, I've now lost love for the item since the SA didn't provide accurate dimensions. Subsequently, I went to NM and saw a now & forever large flap with rhw (twice the price btw) and it holds everything including my sunnies. So, should I keep the zippy or return it and keep saving for the difference, and pray that when/if I get my funds together I'll be able to find the now and forever quickly?!! I hate all this wait list and waiting stuff. Here are mod pics. View attachment 2540259View attachment 2540260View attachment 2540261View attachment 2540263View attachment 2540264View attachment 2540265View attachment 2540266
MsLVinDC, I would hold out for what you really want and the bag should be able to accommodate all the stuff you normally carry. I bought the small Now and Forever flap (without putting my stuff in it first) and later I found out that it didn't all fit, so I returned it. I wasn't able to see the larger size, since they didn't have any, but even the classic M/L was too small for my stuff.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to find the large Now and Forever flap after you save enough money, since there may be single flap options available to you at that time. If you haven't tried other styles, it is a good idea to do so while you're saving up money. When I returned my N&F, I tried on reissues and boys (which I didn't like at first) and I ended up liking them both. The boy even a little bit more!

I like to leave it to fate as to which bag I'll end up getting, so I don't worry so much about missing out on a bag. Wait, there is one exception: the fuchsia lamb mini that I'm waiting to get. If I don't get that bag, I will seriously be depressed.

Take some time and think about what to do and let us know what you decide! :smile:

I hear you!!! I just feel like I'm going to run against regret after regret, because once I return this daily zippy that's it, I won't find another comparable in size black caviar crossbody bag until August/September when hopefully the half moons will come back in black. I need a bag for the summer.

I recently bought a black quilted woc because i was told there were no mini's this season and now i'm after the mini again! The mini is available in turquoise but i'm not sure if i could use it all year round.

Ladies,

Hmmm I really like this.. Looks cute on you.. Love the top too..

MsLVinDC, I would hold out for what you really want and the bag should be able to accommodate all the stuff you normally carry. I bought the small Now and Forever flap (without putting my stuff in it first) and later I found out that it didn't all fit, so I returned it. I wasn't able to see the larger size, since they didn't have any, but even the classic M/L was too small for my stuff.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to find the large Now and Forever flap after you save enough money, since there may be single flap options available to you at that time. If you haven't tried other styles, it is a good idea to do so while you're saving up money. When I returned my N&F, I tried on reissues and boys (which I didn't like at first) and I ended up liking them both. The boy even a little bit more!

I like to leave it to fate as to which bag I'll end up getting, so I don't worry so much about missing out on a bag. Wait, there is one exception: the fuchsia lamb mini that I'm waiting to get. If I don't get that bag, I will seriously be depressed.

Take some time and think about what to do and let us know what you decide! :smile:

Thank you for your in depth pov. It really has me thinking.... Ugh! I just want something now!!!!!! *tantrum* I don't want any seasonal colors since this will be my first chanel.

I recently bought a black quilted woc because i was told there were no mini's this season and now i'm after the mini again! The mini is available in turquoise but i'm not sure if i could use it all year round.
janni8080, I've heard that the turquoise mini is only available in Europe, not the US. Bad for my heart, good for my bank account. :smile:

Thank you for your in depth pov. It really has me thinking.... Ugh! I just want something now!!!!!! *tantrum* I don't want any seasonal colors since this will be my first chanel.
I know exactly how you feel about wanting something now, MsLVinDC! You can stick to black, but just really think it over as to how much use you'll get out of your first Chanel (whichever bag that may be) and that will help you decide on the size you need. :smile:

The design of your bag is pretty cute. It's great that it can be carried crossbody, single on shoulder, hand carried and on your elbow. Unfortunately, it seems like its capacity is not big enough for u. Since the small N&F is more expensive, have u thought of another design like the CC Crave? The small CC crave is $2800.
You can check out this thread for dimensions of the small cc crave. It has more width than the bag u have. But the leather is a bit different though...
http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=859666
The pics look like the large size, but they give u an idea what the bag looks like. U can compare the dimensions of the CC crave small, your bag, and the N&F small to see if the cc crave's capacity might suit your needs if u are fine with its design and leather and hardware.

The design of your bag is pretty cute. It's great that it can be carried crossbody, single on shoulder, hand carried and on your elbow. Unfortunately, it seems like its capacity is not big enough for u. Since the small N&F is more expensive, have u thought of another design like the CC Crave? The small CC crave is $2800.
You can check out this thread for dimensions of the small cc crave. It has more width than the bag u have. But the leather is a bit different though...
http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=859666
The pics look like the large size, but they give u an idea what the bag looks like. U can compare the dimensions of the CC crave small, your bag, and the N&F small to see if the cc crave's capacity might suit your needs if u are fine with its design and leather and hardware.

Thanks, for your advice. I'm going to check out the crave. Btw, I'm looking at the large n&f not the small one. I tried that one on in the store with all my stuff in it and I know it will work for me.