Daffodile leather owners- do these stretch out over time?

s2kgurl

O.G.
Jan 23, 2012
I'm wanting to buy a black pair of Kid leather dafs & can't find my size available anywhere (online & locally) I went to Nordstrom, NM & the actual CL over the weekend & I'm only finding them either a half size too small for me or a half size to be for me. I'm looking for a 40 I think b/c I tried on the 40.5 which actually feels really good at the width & toe area, but the back is a lil long. The 39.5 pinches my toes & it's a tight fit. So the SA was telling me I'm prolly a size 40. He said the length will prolly be perfect in the 40, but then the width will be more narrow & the toe will also be tighter- do you think that's true? I'm wondering if I should just buy the 40.5 since it's the only size I can find? My foot doesn't completely slip out of the 40.5 or anything, but I'm afraid over time with wear, it will loosen up & be way to big where I can't wear them b/c they will slip off me with the width & length loosing up a bit. If the Kid leather doesn't stretch out too much, I might just go ahead & get the 40.5 since it's available, but I just didn't want to gamble on whether the shoe will stretch out even more b/c they are a tad big as of now.

Much thanks ladies! :heart:

I'm wanting to buy a black pair of Kid leather dafs & can't find my size available anywhere (online & locally) I went to Nordstrom, NM & the actual CL over the weekend & I'm only finding them either a half size too small for me or a half size to be for me. I'm looking for a 40 I think b/c I tried on the 40.5 which actually feels really good at the width & toe area, but the back is a lil long. The 39.5 pinches my toes & it's a tight fit. So the SA was telling me I'm prolly a size 40. He said the length will prolly be perfect in the 40, but then the width will be more narrow & the toe will also be tighter- do you think that's true? I'm wondering if I should just buy the 40.5 since it's the only size I can find? My foot doesn't completely slip out of the 40.5 or anything, but I'm afraid over time with wear, it will loosen up & be way to big where I can't wear them b/c they will slip off me with the width & length loosing up a bit. If the Kid leather doesn't stretch out too much, I might just go ahead & get the 40.5 since it's available, but I just didn't want to gamble on whether the shoe will stretch out even more b/c they are a tad big as of now.

Much thanks ladies! :heart:
Yes, kid leather will definitely stretch. The high platform is very hard to walk in and you could easily snap your ankles so you want the shoes to hug you really tight to the point it hurts at the initial stage. CLs are not cut high at the heels which makes your feet come out more easily than other brands in general as you may know. If you can size down to a 39.5, you may even want to consider that size.

I do not wear mine much, but I have a friend who did a lot and now she walks out of them even wearing tights.

Yes, kid leather will definitely stretch. The high platform is very hard to walk in and you could easily snap your ankles so you want the shoes to hug you really tight to the point it hurts at the initial stage. CLs are not cut high at the heels which makes your feet come out more easily than other brands in general as you may know. If you can size down to a 39.5, you may even want to consider that size.

I do not wear mine much, but I have a friend who did a lot and now she walks out of them even wearing tights.

Thank you for the response HelenOfTroy45 :smile:
That's good to know the kid leather will stretch. Would you say it stretches quit a bit in all areas of the shoe (toe, sides, & back) parts of the shoe? I didn't think about the snug fit being better so I don't fall & break my ankle! I just couldn't get over how comfy the 40.5 felt b/c they were big on me so the extra room didn't make my feet hurt like normal CL do. I only have 1 pair of CL shoes b/c non of them fit me properly except for the ones I own which are a size 39... so it's kinda weird the SA was telling me I need a 40 or 4.5 :confused1: I was thinking that's a size 10/10.5 right? But then he said CL shoes tend to run real small. I've heard of people sizing up, but usually they go up half a size & not a full or full & a half. I think I'm going to try & find a 39.5 in the kid leather now.

I tried on these suede leather dafs on at NM-

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Christi...ements%3D&eItemId=prod167740025&cmCat=product

in s size 39.5 & it seemed too tight... I'm sure all the different material dafs will always fit differently I assume right?

Thank you for the response HelenOfTroy45 :smile:
That's good to know the kid leather will stretch. Would you say it stretches quit a bit in all areas of the shoe (toe, sides, & back) parts of the shoe? I didn't think about the snug fit being better so I don't fall & break my ankle! I just couldn't get over how comfy the 40.5 felt b/c they were big on me so the extra room didn't make my feet hurt like normal CL do. I only have 1 pair of CL shoes b/c non of them fit me properly except for the ones I own which are a size 39... so it's kinda weird the SA was telling me I need a 40 or 4.5 :confused1: I was thinking that's a size 10/10.5 right? But then he said CL shoes tend to run real small. I've heard of people sizing up, but usually they go up half a size & not a full or full & a half. I think I'm going to try & find a 39.5 in the kid leather now.

I tried on these suede leather dafs on at NM-

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Christi...ements%3D&eItemId=prod167740025&cmCat=product

in s size 39.5 & it seemed too tight... I'm sure all the different material dafs will always fit differently I assume right?
What is the CL pair you own at size 39? I might be able to give you a better sense if I know what you have.

I am a US 6.5 and my Daffs in kid (only pair of Daffs I have) are a 36.5. Still very tight on me since I do not wear them much, but it really hugs my heels yet I did fall down once. Thank God the shoes did not get damaged. (Instead of checking for any scrapes on my knees or my ankles, I was checking my shoes my shoes MY SHOES!!!!)

Most of my CLs are either a 36.5 or a 37 unless it is the old cut Pigalle 120 or Lady Lynch 120 and some d'orsay shoes in 100s which are a 36. I cannot imagine you being a 40 or a 40.5 if the one CL pair you have is a 39. NO WAY!

Daffs toe box are tight initially, but as I said previously, the Daffs (black kid) my friend who wore them a lot stretched out so much in all areas that she cannot even wear them with thick tights on anymore.

Suede stretches out even more FYI. Therefore, on certain styles, I even go down half a size further.

Even if the toe box is tight, you have to get something that really hugs your heels. The platform is so thick that it is hard to control your balance. Trust me on this coz I am a high heel pro. I only wear high heels. My SA also agrees on this. I wanted to go up to a 37 which was still tight in the toe box, but was giving me heel slippage and I got the 36.5 and I am glad I did.

As for stretching out the toe box, all you have to do is slather Vaseline on your toes (you can go generously) and a bit on the heels. Blast the inside of the toe box with a hair dryer to warm them up and slip the shoes on. Wear them as long as you can bare to. They will really speed up the molding process. Oil and heat is used to make handbags and shoes to mold them into shape.

I have a pair of the daffs! And I am a true US 10 and wear a 41 in loubs. I purchased a 41.5 in the Daffodile. The fit is just right. When I first got them I bought a 41 (toe box was wayyyy to tight) so then I got a 41.5 and they still were really tight. I even had second thoughts and started thinking I should get a 42. But then came back to my senses and realized after a few wears these shoes will be flopping off and I would be breaking my ankles trying to walk, so I just stuck with the 41.5. The shoe has definitely broken in and molded to my feet now!

I definitely would not recommend a 40.5 because if they are a little long now they are going to be super big when you really start wearing them. If you do however get a 40.5 I would recommend taking it to a cobbler to add a strap or something to it which will hold your foot in. Like making the shoe into a mary jane daff (that would really help)
Other than that I would prob do 39.5 and try the sock trick and break the leather in. When the leather stretches its going to be good. So if you was atleast able to get your foot in the 39.5 and they fit, they will def fit better after a few wears. Especially trying the sock trick.