DA or DE neverfull??

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
Hi,

I already own a Damier Azur MM neverfull and I considering buying the DE version, the neverfull is totally useful for me as I have 2 kids but I find myself only wearing mine through the S/S and locking it away in the winter - I have a bit of a dilemma because all my other bags are either bigger or just don't live up to the practicality of the neverfull I have.

I wear this bag ALL the time when I can so its the most value for money in my closet.

I was considering buying a DE but since I have one in DA would it just be wise for me to sell this one and replace it with DE? Also I dont even know the current preloved prices for both? so if anyone could help me that would be great?

I live in the UK so our weathers always a bit hit & miss - hence me wanting a darker bag in the same style.

????

I dont think I could justify owning 2 neverfulls as I really want the speedy B when I can afford one BUT should I just save up for a DE ? or should I swap???

If you can make full use of having a DE and DA Neverfull MM, I would save up and buy the DA.

Which one would you use more: Speedy B or DE Neverfull MM?

Hmmm dunno, neverfull is ideal coz it fits a tonne in but I quite like crossbosy bags, I currently have a Mulberry alexa and its well usefull for my day to day BUT if I didnt go for a speedy B I would probs go preloved Mulberry alexa in a different clolour as mine is a seasonal colour...

Hmmmm

But I know I definitely want a DE neverfull..... or do I just want something in Ebene??? LOL

Hmmm dunno, neverfull is ideal coz it fits a tonne in but I quite like crossbosy bags, I currently have a Mulberry alexa and its well usefull for my day to day BUT if I didnt go for a speedy B I would probs go preloved Mulberry alexa in a different clolour as mine is a seasonal colour...

Hmmmm

But I know I definitely want a DE neverfull..... or do I just want something in Ebene??? LOL

I had the same thought recenty - I really want something in Damier Ebene (I currently have DA Neverfull MM) and had a look at the Neverfull MM again, but I think I am going to go for the Speedy at some point :speedy:.

Get the de! I have an alma and a speedy and when I bouught my de nf I found I use it much more as it suits my lifestyle better (sahm of 3). Yesterday I got a preloved mono NF, as much as I love all sorts of bags I always tend to grab a tote. I'd love to get a da one day too, are they carefree? I really worry about colour transfer and the light lining.
Eta I got mine for £400 they seem to vary between £350 to just over £500

Last edited:
I had the same thought recenty - I really want something in Damier Ebene (I currently have DA Neverfull MM) and had a look at the Neverfull MM again, but I think I am going to go for the Speedy at some point :speedy:.

Hahaha exactly the same then!

Do you know what the resale value is of the DA MM? my o/h tries to encourage me not to sell bags on - he thinks im impatenteint and I should add to my collection lol

DE would be worthwhile in our climate though lol (even more so in Scotland lol)

I can't really go for a regular speedy as I am quite tall and I have a few handhelds at the minute - they are ok for when I am alone but no good when I take the kids out etc.

Get the de! I have an alma and a speedy and when I bouught my de nf I found I use it much more as it suits my lifestyle better (sahm of 3). Yesterday I got a preloved mono NF, as much as I love all sorts of bags I always tend to grab a tote. I'd love to get a da one day too, are they carefree? I really worry about colour transfer and the light lining.
Eta I got mine for £400 they seem to vary between £350 to just over £500

They are carefree - but only when it's not peeing it down lol, I find myself trying to get the kids in the car and trying to baby the handbag too... Id take a guess that DA is a lot more carefree.

They are carefree - but only when it's not peeing it down lol, I find myself trying to get the kids in the car and trying to baby the handbag too... Id take a guess that DA is a lot more carefree.

Also the light lining in a pain in the *** lol - but who see's the innards on your handbag, I bought a organiser/base shaper for mine but it still looks a bit dingey:P

:smile: the de is very carefree for our glorious Brit weather! but there is the dreaded strap issue. I bought mine in sep 13 and took it in aug this year as a little of the glaze had come off the handles on the underside where it sits on the shoulder. It's having new straps put on now and should be back in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if the issue has been dealt with on the newer nf's with the pochette. I knew about the possibility of it and don't regret buying it, I kept my straps straight and didn't really cinch it for about 10 months and didn't get any cracking.
Hmm cruelly maybe this doesn't make it so carefree? :lol:

:smile: the de is very carefree for our glorious Brit weather! but there is the dreaded strap issue. I bought mine in sep 13 and took it in aug this year as a little of the glaze had come off the handles on the underside where it sits on the shoulder. It's having new straps put on now and should be back in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if the issue has been dealt with on the newer nf's with the pochette. I knew about the possibility of it and don't regret buying it, I kept my straps straight and didn't really cinch it for about 10 months and didn't get any cracking.
Hmm cruelly maybe this doesn't make it so carefree? :lol:

Yeah I am a bit worried about that too.... If I buy one it will be preloved so I could potentially have the same issue which concerns me ? ?

Hahaha exactly the same then!

Do you know what the resale value is of the DA MM? my o/h tries to encourage me not to sell bags on - he thinks im impatenteint and I should add to my collection lol

DE would be worthwhile in our climate though lol (even more so in Scotland lol)

I can't really go for a regular speedy as I am quite tall and I have a few handhelds at the minute - they are ok for when I am alone but no good when I take the kids out etc.

Im not sure on resale value as I only got my first LV 2 months ago, so I am still a LV newbie! :P

Surprisingly it hasn't been raining too much in Scotland (so far!) so I have been able to use my DA pretty much worry free.. however I bought some leather protectant for the vachetta so that I can use it in the winter months and not worry about it too much :biggrin: I think I will try and do that this weekend as we are meant to be getting some wet weather shortly..

It would be nice to not have to worry about the DE in the snow/rain, and I really like the brown checked pattern :P I don't have any kids so don't need to worry about functionality as much, but I can see where you are coming from.. the Speedy B sounds like it would be good for your lifestyle (if you don't want to get another Neverfull) :smile:

Last edited:
Im not sure on resale value as I only got my first LV 2 months ago, so I am still a LV newbie! :P

Surprisingly it hasn't been raining too much in Scotland (so far!) so I have been able to use my DA pretty much worry free.. however I bought some leather protectant for the vachetta so that I can use it in the winter months and not worry about it too much :biggrin: I think I will try and do that this weekend as we are meant to be getting some wet weather shortly..

It would be nice to not have to worry about the DE in the snow/rain, and I really like the brown checked pattern :P I don't have any kids so don't need to worry about functionality as much, but I can see where you are coming from.. the Speedy B sounds like it would be good for your lifestyle (if you don't want to get another Neverfull) :smile:

Yeah - speedy B is outta my price range at the moment lol

I just want to be able to spend a bit on a bag that I am going to get tonnes of use out of - My nf has been totally wonderfull for my lifestyle and the best value for money hands down so far.

I do have a Bayswater which I thought would be great - turns out its far too heavy when I am with the kids urgghhhhhh:lol:

Yeah I am a bit worried about that too.... If I buy one it will be preloved so I could potentially have the same issue which concerns me ? ?

Because of the potential issue I wouldn't go preloved for de nf. I think it's around £70 for each strap but free in the first year. With how careful you would need to be I just wouldn't want to take a risk that the previous owner hadn't been. My SA said she thought I could get a replacement bag even though it was 11 months old, but I asked to keep my one as I prefer the old interior.

Because of the potential issue I wouldn't go preloved for de nf. I think it's around £70 for each strap but free in the first year. With how careful you would need to be I just wouldn't want to take a risk that the previous owner hadn't been. My SA said she thought I could get a replacement bag even though it was 11 months old, but I asked to keep my one as I prefer the old interior.

Ahhhh right - maybe not then.... maybe I need to re-think then coz if I go down the route of buying a new one I think maybe I just may get a speedy B? Though that won't be anytime soon with xmas round the corner LOL

DE! I love how carefree it is. I am going to get another NF, but in epi. I see so many NFs with filthy vachetta trim and that just puts me off, but I love the DE, and the epi colors are all TDF....I can't decide!