DA, Hyundai, Opera, DEESSE, or View?

flipgrl

Nov 29, 2008
Hi everyone. I haven't been on here in a long time, but I'm back since I'm now planning to have more cosmetic surgeries. This forum has helped me out a lot in the past. I live in the US and planning on going to Korea in February. I'm planning to have quite a few procedures: 3 types FC, revision rhinoplasty, forehead fat graft, corner mouth lift/cupids bow lip surgery (undecided on this one), and acculift/face lipo. I have done some research on different clinics, and I have narrowed down my list to DA, Opera, View, DEESSE, and Hyundai. I've done online consultations with all of them.

Out of these clinics, I like DA, Opera, and Hyundai's rhinoplasty and FC results from my research. I know DEESSE is known for their lip surgery, but not so sure about FC. View seems to be a safe hospital and they offer accommodation right in their building, which would make it so much more convenient since I'm going to Korea alone, but their b/a photos are not as dramatic as the other ones. I'd appreciate any input:smile:

I have reached out to different medical tourism agencies, but from what has been said here, I’d get a better discount if I just did it all on my own. I’m pretty nervous since I’ve never been to Korea and don’t speak Korean:-s But seeing many posts on others’ experiences have been encouraging for sure. It’s reassuring to know that going on your own to a foreign country where you don’t speak the language and having a major surgery is doable.

Last edited:
I had an online consultation with View as well. They are offering me substantial discounts and I know it is one of the most established hospitals in Korea. Anyways does anyone know if foreigners are allowed to enter Korea due to the COVID situation? I am planning to have surgery in say a few months later but just I’m curious if they have strict restriction on this

As for Opera, they offer cheap price for me for FC but I’ve searched for their comments on Korean plastic surgery forum and some of them said it is a blacklisted one~ not sure but just for your reference.

Reactions: Tobiko
Have you picked a clinic? I have been looking in to DA and ITEM for rhinoplasty and DES as well. Ive heard great reviews on them, apparently DA operates on a lot of idols but I wouldn't count on that to persuade me. Please let me know what you've picked!

Hi flipgrl,
I’m one of the girls who traveled here alone for PS. I also don’t know any Korean and never been to Korea. I was nervous just like you, but it’s much more doable than I thought it was. The subway station was easy to navigate. Most stores have English speaking staff, and Naver map is super helpful to get around places. I was able to order groceries online while healing for my surgery at home. I have been here almost 2 weeks excluding quarantine period and didn’t regret going alone instead of using an agency. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Tobiko and flipgrl
I had an online consultation with View as well. They are offering me substantial discounts and I know it is one of the most established hospitals in Korea. Anyways does anyone know if foreigners are allowed to enter Korea due to the COVID situation? I am planning to have surgery in say a few months later but just I’m curious if they have strict restriction on this
I heard you can , but you need to be isolated for 15 days when you arrive. And I think you will need a visa.

Hello~ I did my surgery at DA!
I am satisfied with the result.
But still, you should visit a few clinics for face to face consultation.
I think communication is the most important for plastic surgery so let your doctor know exactly what you want, and never be scare to ask them as many questions before the surgery!
Hi there! Could you PM me what you did at DA and how much it was for everything I think I have chosen DA as my clinic and wanted to research more on it.

Depends on the country you live in. I’m currently in Korea, and I’m from the U.S. Americans don’t need a visa as long as the visit is not over 90 days. Just need to quarantine for 14 days when you get to Korea. I suggest you check out the Korean embassy’s website in your country :smile:

Have you picked a clinic? I have been looking in to DA and ITEM for rhinoplasty and DES as well. Ive heard great reviews on them, apparently DA operates on a lot of idols but I wouldn't count on that to persuade me. Please let me know what you've picked!

Yes, I’ve chosen a clinic. I’m going to Opera:smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobiko
As for Opera, they offer cheap price for me for FC but I’ve searched for their comments on Korean plastic surgery forum and some of them said it is a blacklisted one~ not sure but just for your reference.

I always take what I read with a grain of salt when it comes to “blacklisted” clinics. What does that even mean? The blacklisted clinics discussed here or anywhere else are still in operation. I don’t think the clinics would be able to continue to operate if they are not qualified. Unfortunately in plastic surgery, there are risks, and sometimes things don’t turn out as the patient expected, especially if someone does not have realistic expectations. I focus on the surgeon and his previous work, as well as if he’s a board certified plastic surgeon. The surgeon’s previous work will show if the surgeon gives results that matches what you’re looking for and what you find aesthetically pleasing:amuse:

As for Opera’s price, I actually find it reasonable but not cheap, considering the price given for locals are still less from my research. I think all the clinics mark up the surgery price for foreigners so much that people are now accustomed to those exorbitant prices and think that’s really what they cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobiko and ehs263
Hi flipgrl,
I’m one of the girls who traveled here alone for PS. I also don’t know any Korean and never been to Korea. I was nervous just like you, but it’s much more doable than I thought it was. The subway station was easy to navigate. Most stores have English speaking staff, and Naver map is super helpful to get around places. I was able to order groceries online while healing for my surgery at home. I have been here almost 2 weeks excluding quarantine period and didn’t regret going alone instead of using an agency. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, I’m actually currently in Korea too in quarantine now. I also went alone! I hope everything goes smoothly after I get out of here

Can I renegotiate the price when I get there quote 18m won double jaw genio at tfd. What is your accomodation like post quarintine? Cost etc. Best of luck.

Thanks! I’m actually still in quarantine. I got here almost 2 weeks ago. I booked an Airbnb in Gangnam close to the clinic I’ll be going to and made sure I chose one that’s in walking distance, so I don’t have to worry about getting a taxi every time I need to go back for a follow up. As for accommodation cost, it depends on the place you choose. You can look at the prices on Airbnb app. As for negotiation, I’m not sure about that. I’m sure it can’t hurt to try to negotiate. The worst they can say is no :biggrin: