DA bags - do you find them hard to keep clean?

Rbamba

Jun 1, 2014
I have never owned any light colored bags (LV or otherwise), and am hesitant to try DA because I am afraid that over time, even with careful use, DA will get noticeably dirty. Thoughts and experience with DA?

As long as you wipe the canvas after use you shouldn't have issues with it being dirty. It's color transfer that cause the Da print to look "dirty". If you wear light colors and avoid jeans you should be able to carry it with no worries.

I don't find that the actual canvas gets dirty, but the vachetta is the same as on a mono bag so if that patinas with dirt on it, sometimes it makes a bag seem worse because the canvas is light if that makes sense. If you're careful about color transfer (no dark jeans) and baby your vachetta a bit, I think you'll be fine! GLD!

I have two azur bags. A large noe and a speedy. I did have some color transfer on my noe but a white pencil eraser got it out. After that incident I'm very careful with what I wear. And I don't worry about extremely dark patina with azur. My speedy handles are patina'd and they started to get a little black, just like with mono, and I cleaned them with lovin my bags and they go right back to that gorgeous honey color. I love my azur I say go for it!

I wear my DA speedy all the time and have never had any issues with it getting dirty at all. But I do take good care of how I carry it and where I place it etc. Just take care of not getting color transfer, which mine never encountered thankfully.

Not at all! I think people put too much thought into the Azur. If concerned keep a travel pack of baby wipes inside your bag. I have two Azur bags and like the above I have had no color transfer or any other marks. I mean you treat like you would Mono bags with vachetta. Don't worry about it - it's a beautiful print.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I have a Speedy B in DA..I baby the vachetta but use it a lot. I carry some baby wipes to wipe my hands when I use her out and about. I also wash my hands leaving the house so that I don't have perfume or creams. I try to use it when I wear light colored clothing and try not to use dark denim jeans to avoid color transfer.. Yes, maybe a little paranoid, but they are gorg, go get yours!:tup:

I adore Azur and have both the NF MM and the Artsy MM in this print. My Artsy is brand new.
Recently, I discovered some transfer on the back side of my NF. It is hardly noticeable, but it was a wake-up call. I recommend giving Azur bags a brief check at the end of the day, or just routinely wiping them down with baby wipes.
Avoid denim! I choose Mono or leather on denim days. :smile: It's a gorgeous print -- go for it!

Not really... Just wipe it clean with baby wipes after using or at the end of the day just to be sure... LVoe LVoe LVoe the print!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I have never owned any light colored bags (LV or otherwise), and am hesitant to try DA because I am afraid that over time, even with careful use, DA will get noticeably dirty. Thoughts and experience with DA?
I received my first DA bag in may and so far so good! however, when wearing the bag, i do check it constantly. :giggles:
i haven't wiped it down with the baby wipes just yet.. im going to try that today!

I'm just careful with what I wear with DA. Cleaning the canvas is no different than other prints, just wipe it down with a baby wipe as others have mentioned. If you choose to, you can spray the vachetta down with a protection spray (I use Apple Brand) or treat with LMB. If you are nervous about color transfer, keep baby wipes and a white eraser (or Soft Gum) with you in your bag and stay clear of clothes that will cause it. It's not an everyday print for me personally but I love it and it's gorgeous.

I will say I am much more paranoid about the canvas of my DA Artsy than with any of my other bags. I find it requires more thought regarding what to wear with it, care in brushing up against things, etc. because it will show up things that my monogram and DE will not. But I love the print, so I do not mind babying my DA pieces a little more than others.

i will say i am much more paranoid about the canvas of my da artsy than with any of my other bags. I find it requires more thought regarding what to wear with it, care in brushing up against things, etc. Because it will show up things that my monogram and de will not. But i love the print, so i do not mind babying my da pieces a little more than others.

+1