D

ikny

O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Thanks a lot!!!

I wonder why do they charge tax for NYC??? We don't pay taxes.
I think they have a glitch in their system or it's simply not sofisticated enough to have all the tax rules built in correctly. I emailed them a few weeks back asking this question but I don't think their customer service really knows the tax rules, they simply quoted me what they have on their web site that by law they have to charge taxes in NY. After a couple of emails back and forth where I was trying to explain that there's no tax on shoes and clothing under $110, they finally said place your order and then we'll look into it. But by then I didn't feel like placing an order anymore.

Malishka

O.G.
Nov 29, 2007
NYC
I think they have a glitch in their system or it's simply not sofisticated enough to have all the tax rules built in correctly. I emailed them a few weeks back asking this question but I don't think their customer service really knows the tax rules, they simply quoted me what they have on their web site that by law they have to charge taxes in NY. After a couple of emails back and forth where I was trying to explain that there's no tax on shoes and clothing under $110, they finally said place your order and then we'll look into it. But by then I didn't feel like placing an order anymore.
Well, I will look into it. They have a phone number. :smile:
I will try to find the "law" in writing so that they won't have any questions.
:smile:

nycgirl191

Jun 3, 2008
NYC
Recently Bloomberg pushed for a change in law that all internet orders coming into NYC would have to include sales tax (b/c on our tax returns very few people report it) and the NY State gov't quickly adopted it as well. So all internet orders are taxed. Seems silly that if I walked down the street and the item cost less than $110, I wouldn't get taxed!! I guess the internet orders tax revenue is to make up for the lost <$110 clothing tax revenue.

I read on another thread that Louisiana also charges on all internet orders (but don't know for sure)

Malishka

O.G.
Nov 29, 2007
NYC
Hello XXX,

Thank you for contacting DJPremium.com, we apologies for the
inconvenience. Your credit card has been refunded in the amount of $18.99.
If there may be anything else that we can help you with please do not
hesitate to ask. Thank you again and have a great day!

Regards,

Sonjya
DJPremium.com Customer Service
Service@DJPremium.com
(888)DJP-2992

Malishka

O.G.
Nov 29, 2007
NYC
This is a quote that I sent to the CS dept. along with an e-mail:

This is the link to the NYC's department of Finance:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/business/business_tax_nys_sales.shtml

Tax Rates
On items 1-9 above, the City sales tax rate is 4 percent (in addition to the New York State sales and use tax of 4 percent and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375%), for a total Sales and Use tax of 8.375 percent.
There is no City sales tax imposed on the purchase of clothing and footwear regardless of the amount. The New York State tax rate of 4.375% (including the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District rate) was repealed effective April 1, 2006, and the New York City tax rate of 4% was eliminated effective September 1, 2005 for items under $110. For items over $110 the tax was eliminated effective September 1, 2007. More information on the clothing and footwear sales tax exemption is available from the State Web site.

ikny

O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Hello XXX,

Thank you for contacting DJPremium.com, we apologies for the
inconvenience. Your credit card has been refunded in the amount of $18.99.
If there may be anything else that we can help you with please do not
hesitate to ask. Thank you again and have a great day!

Regards,

Sonjya
DJPremium.com Customer Service
Service@DJPremium.com
(888)DJP-2992
Very good, thank you for letting us know! I should check them out again :smile: