D-styling bauletto medio in Tobacco?

Hello Ladies!
I'm a newbie to Tod's and am contemplating owning my first Tod's (I am obsessed with the D-styling bauletto!). I was wondering if anyone who has seen this bag in the flesh has opinions about the tobacco color and whether it's too big for a gal about 5'5"? Thank you so much (in advance)!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230448302102&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_729wt_1167

It looks very different from the rich cognac in the previous thread; from the pic, it looks more like a heatherish grey brown. I have never seen this color before, but it's a nice neutral!

Actually I just bought it and am giddy with excitement! I have LONGED for one of these bags for months (which of course seems like years to the obsessed set)...it will be my very first Tod's bag, which is a nice change after finishing off my MJ collection...

Thanks, Longchamp - I will!
You've piqued my interest - what is this saddle-color that you speak of (other than the cognac)?

I saw the style you are after in a "saddle brown" color. Very user friendly type of color and leather. It's not the cognac that was posted in the other thread, and was wondering if it's your color.

When I was in Paris about 3 weeks ago is when I saw it. I can't remember but I think the SA said the color would not be availiable in states. I'm bawling (LOL) that I did not purchase the bag when I had it in my hot little hands.

I saw the style you are after in a "saddle brown" color. Very user friendly type of color and leather. It's not the cognac that was posted in the other thread, and was wondering if it's your color.

When I was in Paris about 3 weeks ago is when I saw it. I can't remember but I think the SA said the color would not be availiable in states. I'm bawling (LOL) that I did not purchase the bag when I had it in my hot little hands.

Ooh - I know that feeling...I really hope that it pops up somewhere randomly for you - I'll PM you if I see it on eBay! I'm facing a remotely similar situation with my hubby - I'm in love with this Prada saffiano lux tote (in red), which is pretty popular - hope it doesn't sell out - but he, being a very practical man, thinks that the only color to get is black (why spend that much money on any other color?). I can't get him to think outside his black box...

Hi OP,

Congrats!

Is this just the best bag or what?! I'm totally in love with it too.
(Actually I'm polyamorous hahah)

I got it recently too! Suuuuuch a great bag.
I'm a newbie to Tod's too. But when I saw it it was love at first sight. I couldn't get it off my mind for a very long time.

Did you get the tobacco color? I got the grey. Great hue. Looks totally different in all different lightings.

How do you like it?
I am so in love with that bag.

I like the fact that there are no logos too. So those who know, know. :smile:
And everyone doesn't know how much my bag cost. :smile:

hi OP,
nevermind, I think you haven't received it yet :smile:

Longchamp- saddle brown color - I'm wondering which one this is! I think I might have seen it but don't know if it's what you are referring to! The one I saw was in South Coast Plaza, CA. They had several different brown colors and tan colors. And some had dark stitching and some had light stitching for Spring.

You could always call them

Thanks for your message, Grateful!
I too appreciate the non-logo appearance of this classic bag! Call me strange, but that is why I stay away from the likes of LV, Gucci, etc... I can't wait to receive this bag! Hey, would you mind posting a modeling shot of yours so that I have something to look at in the meantime? :biggrin:

arrgh, cr*p.

I'd love to post a pic for you.... :sad: ...I'm sorry! i don't know how to work this stuff yet!
(camera, posting stuff etc)

I'm sure I'll be figuring it out....however pleaaaase don't hold your breath... I have a toddler and she takes most of my attention. I like to post here and there, but for me to do stuff like that, she'd have to be taking a nap lol (which she never does arrgh)
You can look at the celebrity pics in Tod's here.... I saw some of this bag :smile:

BTW I don't think you're strange! -- I love non-logo bags.
I love the quality and look of high-end designer bags, but don't like logos in your face.
I have an LV but there's no logo on it. The quality of the purse either speaks for itself or it doesn't.