D Style Bauletto----Cognac or Grey????

jcoop

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Texas
I think both are gorgeous. The cognac is a bit stiffer and has a slight sheen to it. Grey is matte. Both are unstuffed.

What do you think? :smile:

sea_phoenix

Jul 24, 2008
i prefer the gray, mainly because i love the color but also because i prefer non-shiny leather. i do wonder though if signs of use over time will be more obvious on the gray because of its lighter color. best of luck deciding!

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
jcoop--I can't decide!

I love, love, love the grey. Of course you know this because I bought the bag in grey.

I really didn't think I'd be too concerned with it getting dirty, but that changed a little when I took it out this weekend. Everywhere I went there was tons of the gunk that comes from the sand/salt/dirt they put on the roads after snow. It gets on your car, your clothes, in your garage, in your house. And a little got on my bag--I almost screamed!! It came right off, but I think if I had the cognac there wouldn't be an issue.

So I would say that I vote for the cognac because of the potential getting dirty issue, but I can't!!! There is something about the grey that still draws me in. lol--I still vote grey!!

That being said, they are both lovely, so I think you can't go wrong!!

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Lost and found
I'm concerned w/ the "sheen application" of your bag that will be sensitive to wear. I know the bag in Paris did not have that, was just a rugged leather brown.

jcoop

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Texas
Thanks for all these wonderful replies!!! This pic of the grey really does not do it justice----it is so pretty irl!!! The cognac is also pretty...just stiffer and harder to get in an out of...plus, one of the bottom corners shows signs of wear---where all the color has rubbed off!

sbelle, I have some lovingmybags treatment to put on the grey (if I do keep it)....I wonder if that will help significantly?

I am def drawn more to the grey one!!! And I love browns so that is a sign that the grey one is fabulous!!!

Melora

May 26, 2009
Germany
I am def drawn more to the grey one!!! And I love browns so that is a sign that the grey one is fabulous!!!
Then you know what you have to do. ;)

The leather of the grey bag is adorable and I like the colour. But if I had to choose, I presumably would tend to the cognac because my bags have to bear a lot in everyday life. Therefore I like leather that is robust.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I really like the brown one. Something about the sheen on the cognac leather tugs at me.

joydgo

Dec 18, 2009
The GRAY is lovely ! The cognac looks Mulberry-ish, lovely nonetheless. But the gray is so Tod's !

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
Texas
I like the cognac color but the slouchiness of the grey.

Ethel says keep both!! LOL

Lucy, I can't believe you didn't suggest that. Are you ill?