Cuyana - Totes

Feb 5, 2008
Haha. I contemplated about the CUYANA tote forever. I ended up getting the Madewell transport tote. They serve the same purpose. I think CUYANA looks more polished and works as an office tote. Meanwhile the Madewell tote is more floppy and casual.

There are tons of good Youtube reviews on the CUYANA, you can't go wrong. And their colors are very elegant too. It's a very chic, understated look.

The leather on the Cuyana is leaps and bounds better than the Madewell, which felt like cardboard to me. As long as you don't get a Cuyana bag with too much hardware, you should be ok. I had to return a bag with hardware (front clasp) that turned orange after storing it in the dustbag. Fortunately they let me return it for store credit, which I ended up selling.

The leather on the Cuyana is leaps and bounds better than the Madewell, which felt like cardboard to me. As long as you don't get a Cuyana bag with too much hardware, you should be ok. I had to return a bag with hardware (front clasp) that turned orange after storing it in the dustbag. Fortunately they let me return it for store credit, which I ended up selling.

I have multiple of the cuyana totes in several colors and adore them. I also have the Madewell and J.Crew look-a-likes...and Everlane...but nothing compares! The leather wears so well, I have the unstructured with the insert only as the structure doesn’t wear as well from my research and when I remove the line - the tote is floppy for the casual look. LMK if there are more specifics I can help with - but it is a great, functional bag IMO

Has anyone had any experience with the cuyana classic tote?
I've read one review that the lining bled on to clothes the person had in the bag but can't find any other reviews aside from that.

Trying to decide between a cuyana tote and a neverfull.

Has anyone had any experience with the cuyana classic tote?
I've read one review that the lining bled on to clothes the person had in the bag but can't find any other reviews aside from that.

Trying to decide between a cuyana tote and a neverfull.
I recently sold my neverfull MM Damier. I had it for several years but the quality did not last and I wasn’t happy about that (seemed to be similar with all my other LV monogram/damier items). I ended up getting a Cuyana since I wanted something understated and without obvious branding. I’m very happy with it, it holds up really well and I use it frequently.

Reactions: bubablu
I’m getting the easy tote in Ecru when it comes out, but I think I’m also going to go for the caramel
I’m also considering getting the Easy tote. I got the Classic a few years ago but I returned it and haven’t been able to find a tote I liked that was not designer. So glad the Easy tote came around; I’m not really looking for a “work bag” so I like the look of a tote that’s relaxed yet still made of quality leather. I’m just not loving the two sets of handle lengths, I feel like it might get in the way when rummaging through the bag?