Cuyana Half Moon Bag-worth it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm considering ordering Cuyana's mini croc embossed half moon crossbody:
    https://www.cuyana.com/half-moon-mini-bag.html#textured-black

But I don't think the price tag is great for this little crossbody :\ They are doing a rare 15% off but it's still quite a lot (for cuyana imo). Does anyone have the Cuyana half-moon bag that could convince me either way? I'd plan to use it as an everyday/doing errands bag. I have looked for other half moon, croc embossed bags (I don't like the mini APC one) and I can't seem to find something like Cuyana's (that isn't cheaply made).

2. #2 Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    I had the mini saddle bag and quite liked it but I couldn't bring myself to buy it full price. I bought it from someone on Poshmark. Their prices are due to being basically a small fair trade business... maybe as they scale they will have more sales that are budget-friendly. I'm not philosophically against the markup but when you want an inconspicuous bag it seems counterintuitive to pay a near-luxury price for it.

At the end of the day... if you can't find anything else you like just as much or better, then see if you can find it second-hand. They do pop up. Otherwise, 15% off IS pretty good for Cuyana...

Have you tried looking at OAD New York? For whatever reason, my friends who like one tend to like the other.

3. I prefer the Cuyana saddle crossbody, or the camera crossbody. This half moon shape is too odd for me.