Cutting of these Fringes (Miu Miu)

SaskiaS

Nov 18, 2007
Austria,Europe
Hey Ladies,

I really like those woven bags from miu miu, but I just cant stand those fringes.
U think there is a possibility, cutting of these fringes?

Of my fav SA told me would do it for me, but I am bit scared allowing her to do it. I mean I think you will see that there was something cut off, you know what I mean? Like the endings.

Or should I ask a prof. sewer to do it?

Do they have special tools?

Hm.. any opinions?

Or just get the one without the fringe:smile:?

I like the big one with the messanger strap, and they dont offer this version without fringes, just the smaller one.. but then again they are identical arent they.. somehow..

pikeeygrl

Jan 10, 2007
See if you like it with the fringes when you try it on...I was not too keen on them myself but they grew on me.

lpsimer

baggeek
O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
Atlanta
I am so with you on this one. I love the feel of the woven bags, but the fringe would annoy me long term. I would take it into a professional bag repair or sewing place and see if there is some way to tuck them instead of clipping them.

girlwitstyle

Apr 6, 2008
I received mine today. I don't see a way of cutting off the fringe without the 'stubs' showing and it would ruin the bag to undo it all. I honestly don't think it can be done. I actually love the fringe and think it will hold up pretty well...
i bought the blush color and it's kind of peachy, which I think looks great with brown, grey, neutrals... I was leaning towards the taupe but I have so many brown/taupe bags and it's all about flesh tones this season.