Cute winter coat HELP?!

yes.please

O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
I am hoping you all might have some suggestions for a fall winter coat. I've been looking high and low and havent found anything i love yet.

I'm looking for a mid thigh/ above the knee coat. I would love it to be trapeze, a-line or swing styled. Something a little funky- puff sleeves, bell sleeves, high collar.

Any suggestions!!???

I love this: IRO Wrap Jacket (under $500)

irooo2001421384_prod_zoom_front.jpg

I noticed you live in Brooklyn. I went to some random outlet the other day on the corner of 36th St and 13th avenue and they had a bunch of wool peacoats going for $59. Lot's of Larry Levines, Calvin Kleins, Ann Kleins, Liz Claibornes, and I even saw a couple of Taharis. The good ones are obviously going really quickly but it's a great deal so if you live close by you should definitely check it out. Tahari and Calvin Klein cashmere sweaters for $10 bucks a pop. Oh, and I also picked up a pair of Jessica Simpson flat ankle booties and two Kate Spade pumps for $29 each. This is only my second time going there but I think it's really a hit or miss - quite like Beacon's Closet but with new clothing instead.

Well, it's a bit more casual, it's like the material of hoodies, but the Le Tigre peacoat on fredflare.com has a really cute fit, and if you aren't digging the green color, Zappos has it in black too, or you can also price match the green one (since fredflare has the 25% off code going on right now) at Zappos and get it shipped free overnight for about $109ish.

I ordered the black one off Zappos, it's coming to me tomorrow :}

2763_5307.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7342694/c/3.html

I find cute coats at Zara every year. Reasonably priced too!!

This year, I got a black plaid one that reminds me of the 3.1 phillip lim plaid coat (except this has a fitted waist which is good for my shape).

I would also look at urbn.com because they have lots of cute styles that are reasonably priced (though what prevents me from buying from them is that everyone in my friend circle ends up with a coat from there).

Cute options:

13577150_72_b

13571120_52_b

13837059_40_b

(right now it's over $300 but with the 10% off coupon code "mystate011" it becomes under $300)

thanks everyone...
still searching, i actually bought a vintage pattern of a swing coat off of ebay, that I'm going to try and get made, something like the red one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330185549025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

snoopylaughs- i love that coat, i actually tried it on last week but i already have sweatshirt/coat that is really similiar so i passed, but congrats on your purchase its soo cute.

pghandbag- i look at uo all the time, but the same goes for me, just about every third person in brooklyn (where I live) has one of those coats, so i really wanted something different. i did see a really cute gray funnel neck coat at zara but i didnt think it was actually a winter coat. thanks again!

the search continues...