Cute find at the Botkier Boutique

Dec 23, 2009
So I went in today to return the Logan in Moss that I was not in love with... and look at the cute keychain I picked up, the Bailey Heart. This is the brushed silver which really is a nice muted metallic.

4448909518_8e408ff321.jpg

I went there today as well. They need to make the store more inviting. From across the street, it looked closed b/c the lighting is so dark in there. They need better curb appeal.

There were many beautiful bags. The Rivington in Brushed Silver was very tempting and anything in Ocean was gorgeous... but I think I will wait and see what is at the next sample sale. The Dec sample sale is actually where I picked up my 2 Uma's last year. I am hoping for another good score like that.

Love the :heart: keychain! They have some supercute lightning-bolt shaped ones as well...
I think the store is more sexy chic than dark + uninviting, it has a quintessential New York feel to it with muted colors, and a modern sexy boudoir vibe... It also seems darker from the street I think because the two neighboring stores happen to be super bright.

Love the :heart: keychain! They have some supercute lightning-bolt shaped ones as well...
I think the store is more sexy chic than dark + uninviting, it has a quintessential New York feel to it with muted colors, and a modern sexy boudoir vibe... It also seems darker from the street I think because the two neighboring stores happen to be super bright.

Once you're in the store, the lighting is fine but from across the street, it's too dark. I think you're right - the problem is that the neighboring stores are super bright. Botkier's storefront is not very noticeable b/c of them. They need adapt to their block.

I don't know, I think although it's darker than the neighboring storefronts they should stick to their own vision/design aesthetic and maintain the darker look... They also have a bright cute window display that I initially noticed from across the street!

Belle by SM has a similar aesthetic and it was packed. People went in b/c the doors were open. If Botkier did the same, it would get similar traffic. Both times I went to the store, it was rather empty.