Cutches - envelope or kisslock? Which style do you prefer?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
Would love to know over all when choosing a clutch which of the two styles is preferred?

Her are two photos for reference.

Whichever one you choose please tell me why. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2583307200.jpg
    image-2583307200.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 210
  • image-1076675019.jpg
    image-1076675019.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 205
If these were my only choices I would say a kisslock. However I much rather have a zipper closure for safe keeping. I'm not a fan of easy access to my bags because that means others will have easy access.

I prefer the envelope because it has cleaner lines and looks more sophisticated. I have a few kisslock clutches and they can be a pain to get into sometimes.

envelope style for me, i find them easier to stick under the arm when you need two free hands, the kisslock is a bit uncomfortable in that position, and as someone else mentioned they can break a nail - aaarrrrgggghhhh!! :smile:

I don't mind. Kiss locks can look contemporary too, just think of BV's Knots.

The last last envelope clutch I've bought was a Delvaux Hannelore it has a removable chain (which a really like on clutches) but is so minimalist and chic when using without any hw showing.

For me it's more a questions of structure or floppy, structured usually being easier to carry. I always ask myself if I can actually get enough in one even for a night out.