Cut in H bag's interior

sookilala

Mar 17, 2013
Hi Everyone! So, I finally found my HG: Black Togo B30 from a reseller who has a prominent presence in my country. I went into the store with blind faith when I saw the bag listed as "excellent condition". Bought the bag after inspecting the exterior and a quick look on the interior. Brought it home and... (see attached pictures): a deep gash on the interior and the zipper fabric is out of place. I was heartbroken and so nervous. The 1st owner of the bag had refused to take responsibility for the damage and the reseller offered to provide a partial refund.
Can anyone here please chime in on whether if Hermes will be able to repair my one and only bag?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190321-130728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190321-130728_Gallery.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 574
  • 20190322_141701.jpg
    20190322_141701.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 577
I would refund and end this unhappy episode
I will not incurred more money for spa
Wasting more time and money
So many other better choices to choose from nowadays everywhere
I rather buy from someone more trustworthy
Yes zipper can be change but interior wise Hermes will not touch

I agree with @bagidiotic, I would request for a refund. H doesn't generally spa the interior of the bags.
However, if you really like this bag and the price after partial refund would be acceptable, then I would consider taking it. I honestly never use the zipped pocket inside the B anyway and the cut is inside too, so it doesn't affect the overall appearance of the bag.

We keep reading of countless disappointments with folks purchasing second hand Hermès bags. Enough! If u don’t want to be taken advantage of, buy from Hermès directly. If u can’t afford a new bag, wait and save until u can .......

The problem is that they can’t get it directly from H. That’s why second hand market for Birkin and Kelly is so active and asking above retail price for a used bag..
Try to ask for a refund, if they are reputable reseller, they may want to uphold their reputation.

Is return and a full refund an option?

The receipt given to me says No refunds No returns =(

It would be helpful to members to know the country and the 'reseller who has a prominent presence.'

I fear if I reveal, less could be done. Also, I have had the bag for a day and the reseller insisted bag wasn't in that condition when they had it.

The problem is that they can’t get it directly from H. That’s why second hand market for Birkin and Kelly is so active and asking above retail price for a used bag..
Try to ask for a refund, if they are reputable reseller, they may want to uphold their reputation.

I have spent an obscene amount at H but my SA left, and the one after left as well. I'm left with no SA and was tired of the chase (after 1.5years). Hence, the reseller market.

Thank you for the comforting words! I know this is no place to vent my sadness but it is comforting to receive kind words. The bag is my only H bag purchase and I had wanted to pass it on to my girls. Really bumped that the bag is in such condition.

Reactions: honeypeach
Thank you for the comforting words! I know this is no place to vent my sadness but it is comforting to receive kind words. The bag is my only H bag purchase and I had wanted to pass it on to my girls. Really bumped that the bag is in such condition.

I realise this will not be comforting, but your story has two very important warnings:
If you are going to spend thousands on second-hand goods, inspect them really thoroughly before you leave the seller;
do not invest too much expectation in one SA.

You location is Important, because according to where you are there are different options open to you: you situation as a buyer of second-hand goods and using a repairer other than Hermes.

Reactions: pjhm
I have spent an obscene amount at H but my SA left, and the one after left as well. I'm left with no SA and was tired of the chase (after 1.5years). Hence, the reseller market.

Maybe you should have a long and good chat with the store manager, he/she can access your purchase history and appreciate the money you spent in the store.
I've never intended to "build a relationship" with any particular SAs in Hermes. Every time I went in the store, whoever was free would serve me. But because I went in and purchased things so many times, everyone of them seems to know my name/face....
As long as you don't want just black, gold, etoupe colours of Birkin/Kelly, they will be more than happy to assist you to put in an order, all you need to do is wait for 1-2 years for its delivery. It's a patience game.
It may not be your usual handbag colour (black brown grey), but it's NEW. No heartache, no issues, no cuts, no worries.
PS I found electric or royal blue to be quite attractive.

Last edited: