Customs took My python... Help! :(

DoubleW

Dec 17, 2012
I ordered the most beautiful python tote from eBay a few weeks ago. I got a horrible letter it's taken by Austrian customs (I live in Austria and brought it from USA). They are asking for an export cites license. What is this and how do I get it!? :sad: I am so sad right now... More than 2000 dollar for nothing. I am talking with the seller and she went to Gucci but they cannot help her. Is my bag forever taken or is there any way I can get it...?

Python is an endangered species and therefore on the CITES list.

The bag needed a CITES Cert to travel as it was resold. It was so stupid of the seller not to realise this when she saw you were from Europe. Gucci can't do anything without the bag and customs prob won't do anything without the Cert.

I would still contact Gucci and Customs to see if there's anything you can do.

Thank you for your answer! She says she's gonna call the cites and ask for a cert... Is this possible? She claims she has a receipt but still I am so worried...

I bought many pieces of shell and other jewelry a while ago from Thailand. It was held up in customs because I needed a license to bring these endangered species pieces into the US. Basically, all they wanted was some $$$. I had to buy a import license for one year and it cost about $100 to get the shipment. I was told, that usually they'll let 5 pieces thru as a personal item, but more than that and they charge.

I was able to download apps online but had to fex ex the paperwork to customs-it was fixed in less than a week.

It should be able to be straightened out.