Customs or Duty Fee for bags shipped from Spain?

pilatesworks

aka : Leslie
O.G.
Dec 21, 2008
I just bought a bag that is in Spain, and I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out what the customs or duty might be if I insure it.
I am SO paranoid about sending it uninsured- tho the nice person that sold it to me will say it is a gift..... what should I do? TIA ~

Leslie, I think it depends on the value insured and the post way it would be used.

How much is the bag and are you getting in from USPS or UPS/FEDEX? Besides the duty and tax UPS/FEDEX will charge you crazy broker fees, do not use them for international shipping!

hi P !! :heart:

i bought a bbag from spain last year and the seller kindly sent it through her spanish public mail system (spanish version of our government sponsored USPS), express with tracking number. this way, when the package arrives to the US, it immediately transfers through USPS (spanish public mail system to american public mail system) and the tracking number became trackable online on USPS's website. the seller also declared the bag for only $100 and marked it as a gift. everything went smoothly - no customs at all, and arrived within 4 business days.

hope this helps !!!! :tup: