Customise Chanel Camellia Ring from Fine Jewellery Collection

Jul 10, 2009
Hi all, do you think it's possible to customise the Chanel Camellia Ring?

CamelliaRing.jpg

I'd like to use this as my engagement ring, I would like to set the diamond my mum passed down in the middle. This would make the engagement ring very meaningful.

In any case even if that is not possible, I could buy this (just not for engagement). I went to the boutique yesterday but found the white gold band too thin and light. So I'm thinking of setting the diamonds on platinum instead of white gold.

I asked the SA at the Singapore boutique but he said no alterations are allowed. Also the ring does not come in different band sizes. What they'll do is cut away the extra bits and soulder it back. I'm not that comfortable with that. I'd rather they make one exactly for my size.

Does anyone know who I can call/email? Perhaps the Paris boutique? Or the office instead?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. good luck with that. i would imagine this is impossible without essentially having them design a ring just for you which if they would do would cost BEAUCOUP de bucks. like probably not worth it. can you not just take to jeweler and have set middle stone or even just make a "replica" THE WAY YOU WANT IT... if you are serious and are open to paying A LOT you should probably call chanel fine jewelry in paris... good luck, i guess. i don't really get it. get an engagement ring and get this ring as well. do you think you'll even want this as an engagement ring in 10 years? or even 5?? vs a nice ring to wear some times... and if you do change it it's really not a "chanel" ring... unless i guess it is truly made to order/custom etc and you paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... just my 2 cents..

actually there's no difference in the visual/size etc, i just wanted to use some different materials. i guess if i let Chanel do it (as compared to bringing it to another jeweller), then i'd feel that it's authentic and still a "chanel" since i havent violated the design haha. but yeah i guess the cost might just become insane. :sad:

but the thing is it won't be considered "chanel" unless it's REALLY made to order i don't think... if that makes sense. you can always try to see... but you are also talking about changing band. if you were just saying change center stone i'd get it more but... did you go to a fine jewelry specific store? because they have lots of great stuff there vs what you might see in a smaller selection at boutique...... and they might do it. BUT they'd probably want to supply the diamond......... it's a tough one.

do you think you'll even want this as an engagement ring in 10 years? or even 5?? vs a nice ring to wear some times...

Hi pls5, do you mean u feel that the ring will go out of fashion? just tryin to see what others think of the ring.. cos i had thot e camellia has been quite a classic design, given that it's been ard for so long.

but the thing is it won't be considered "chanel" unless it's REALLY made to order i don't think... if that makes sense. you can always try to see... but you are also talking about changing band. if you were just saying change center stone i'd get it more but... did you go to a fine jewelry specific store? because they have lots of great stuff there vs what you might see in a smaller selection at boutique...... and they might do it. BUT they'd probably want to supply the diamond......... it's a tough one.

Oh yeah i get what u mean now. in that case i guess i was really referring to a made-to-order. it already sounds expensive now. :sad:

you might change your feeling of having such a chanel specific design as your engagement ring. i don't think it will go out of style if you will as much as your style or the meaning of chanel to you will change. it's one thing if you do a cartier or tiffany or harry winston or graff engagement ring but it's about the diamond usually and not some "branded" iconic design... (and yes there are exceptions and yes there are also distinctions and people choose different things) i guess i am old enough that i don't tihnk i would have had same tastes even not too long ago that i'd want such a significant ring to me to be "chanel" vs say if chanel made engagement rings... i am sorry if i am not making sense... try it if you really want to! maybe they will do it.

do you like the shooting stars (i do :smile: and there's one with a larger diamond in middle. you could use that as is... and have another "regular" engagement ring with your mom's diamond too! or there's a bigger more elaborate camellia with thicker band etc and larger center stone (probably a lot mroe $$ too but maybe easier then to change center stone??!! but matching diamonds etc etc. i don't know... i say get two rings :smile:

Last edited:
you might change your feeling of having such a chanel specific design as your engagement ring. i don't think it will go out of style if you will as much as your style or the meaning of chanel to you will change. it's one thing if you do a cartier or tiffany or harry winston or graff engagement ring but it's about the diamond usually and not some "branded" iconic design... (and yes there are exceptions and yes there are also distinctions and people choose different things) i guess i am old enough that i don't tihnk i would have had same tastes even not too long ago that i'd want such a significant ring to me to be "chanel" vs say if chanel made engagement rings... i am sorry if i am not making sense... try it if you really want to! maybe they will do it.

yeah i get wat u mean. they're not the real engagement ring-makers, just like they're not the real watchmaker. but hey, i'll still have a wedding band and i plan to wear only that everyday!! the engagement ring is more like a gift so (at the moment) the chanel is fine. haha. but i'll spend some more thoughts on it.. thanks for the advice!