customer service just sucks

In general. it is so rare to find a company with good customer service. I found a bag I loved from Fossil. But at Macy's it was slightly damaged and no other store in the mall had it. So I ordered it from Fossil 6 days ago.

Today I get the watch from Fossil that I ordered along with it. There was no invoice in with it and no purse. Just a box and a watch.

So i call the cust service # .... Press 1 for help ordering a product.... Press 2 for customer service and billing.

So I press 2 and listen to a "Thankyou for holding" message for 8 minutes. I give up and hang up. Out of curiousity and aggrivation I decide to call back and press 1 and see how long it takes for them to help me when I press 1 to place an order. The call was answered in less than 2 seconds.

I wrote the company, just aggrivated that Fossil makes sure to have enough reps available to take orders but after they get your money - there is nobody to help. I also asked about the status of my order and a tracking number for the box with my purse.

Here is the response:

Thanks for contacting Fossil! We were unable to send out the missing
item due to lack of inventory. You will not be charged for this item.

What?????!!!!! I have been waiting a week.. They have my address, phone number and email. Nobody has the common courtesy to contact me. There is no invoice in the box at all. They have been sending me marketing emails. I mean I really don't expect a personal phone call of apology but atleast a freaking invoive in the box that says "product backordered or unavailable."

They have already charged my bank acct for the item. And of course to me it isn't an "item". it is a handbag that I have fallen in love with an have been waiting for daily. And can already imagine carrying. I am going to try ordering it from Macy's but damn.....

sorry to hear about your troubles!

i hate the fossil store itself. every time i go in there is no customer service at all. ziche.

its a good thing i don't like their watches anyway.

but some bags are cute!

as for the horrible customer service, they'll learn soon that they can't treat customers like that, it's not like their products are even that special.

hopefully you'll have better luck at macys.

if not just type the product in a search engine, other reputable sites should show up (by that i mean avoid the scams, although i haven't seen fossil being knocked off)

i totally know how you feel. i don't know how many times i've been anxiously awaiting a coveted item, only to not receive it after like 2 weeks...and when i finally call in and press some sequence of 10 numbers in order to get hold of a human being, they tell me that the order was long cancelled...but no one apparently felt the need to contact me to let me know! customer service nowadays really suck. not to mention, so many companies outsource, and you end up trying to explain a situation to someone who doesn't speak or understand english very well. for that reason, i love nordstrom's customer service. they've always been fantastic.

I am so sorry that happened to you!! There is NO EXCUSE for poor service like that.

You should write a letter...don't know how much good it would do, but still...

I had the same problem with ordering online with Crate and Barrel. I ordered my xmas gifts in October last year (I was having a baby in Nov.), didn't get anything for a month so I phoned. They assured me my items were shipped and I would be getting them any day. I still got nothing. 2 weeks before xmas I called again and they told me they were waiting for some backordered items to come in and then ship it. So they lied to me the first time I called! A week before xmas I called again and the SA or whoever said it was shipped and guaranteed to be there 2 days before xmas. Then on Dec 23rd I got an email saying that my order was cancelled because my credit card didn't go through. My credit card was fine btw. What a bunch of incompetent retards working at C & B. Needless to say I won't be shopping there ever. And I had to run out on xmas eve to buy a bunch of gift cards to replace what I thought I had bought at Crate and Barrel. UUUUUUGGGHHHH.

I think some businesses start well, especially when they consist of just the owner and a small number of staff, because it's still the owner's 'baby' and they feel the business represents them, personally, so want to make the best impression possible. But I think when, even the best, businesses reach a certain size, they often tend to lose their way a bit.

Once you have a certain number of staff members, even with the best will in the world, it must be very hard to maintain the standards you started out with and these staff members feel disconnected to the faceless organisation they work for and therefore unconcerned about the impression they're giving customers.

I've always thought that it's slightly bizarre that most large businesses are set up in such a way that the people who are, effectively, the face of the company are, almost invariably, the ones who care least about it and gain the least from its success! :shrugs: