customer service frustration

siouxie

O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
I checked in the Ben and Toni thread, but haven't seen recent responses from them to CS issues.

I am frustrated! It seems each time I've called a store, someone answers and sounds *really annoyed.* I get it - retail is stressful, I worked in retail in college as an asst manager, people can be rude. But, we're customers! I couldn't sound like that when someone called my office!

Then - the order system. It stinks! It's almost 2010, stuff's automated, and things should work. I get that glitches occur - but after the last sale with free shipping, I placed an order Aug 14 - the order status I received indicated it would ship Sept 14! That's wack. It's a clearance sale. Anyway, I wrote to HH that day (a Friday) asking if anything was in stock and could be shipped earlier and I received a response the following Monday saying yes. On Aug 19, my order status was updated to saying my order shipped, with a tracking number. I clicked on the link and UPS's site gave me the preliminary "billing information received" message and that is still the message there today. I called and emailed again today asking if that maybe the label was printed/box was scanned, but my box of goodies was left in the warehouse by mistake? I had UPS deliveries the 19th, 20th, and 21st, but none from HH. I specifically ordered stuff for a business trip next Tues, figuring I'd have plenty of time...I get my items in one day from HH after they're sent. I realize that UPS doesn't always update its package tracking, either, but a call to UPS was, as expected, unable to give me any more info than what was on their site.

This sort of stuff may not be major, but it's annoying, and when I inquire about it, the response is often not helpful, if there is a response.

I love HH stuff, but I don't heart HH service.

I hear you. There's no excuse for store employee rudeness. Just none.

I'm a little ticked that they are charging my cc and then not really shipping the item. The Order Confirmation says it has shipped, but it hasn't. (We're not talking a day or two, but weeks.)I don't mind waiting for an item if it has to be sent from the warehouse or whatever, but don't charge my cc until you are actually shipping the darn thing.

Ugh, I could go on and on with all the CS issues I have with HH. It is such a love /hate relationship I have with them. I ordered some things a week ago and they still have not been shipped out yet. Not to mention all the times I placed orders they could not fill, rude people on the phones, and waiting forever to get refunds. It's just a huge mess over there and they obviously don't really care about our complaints because they have never fixed anything! I get mad at myself for putting up with it and continuing to buy stuff from them. Deep down I think they will never change. They are doing good with online sales even in a bad economy. I guess thats enough for them that the money is still pouring in, so why would they change a thing?

I have to agree. Even though I've had pretty good CS from them (not including refunds, that's a whole other debacle), I think don't think it's right to charge people immediately then take an eternity to ship. I thought at one time they didn't charge the card until the item was in a truck, on its way? Perhaps I'm just dreaming.

I have to agree. Even though I've had pretty good CS from them (not including refunds, that's a whole other debacle), I think don't think it's right to charge people immediately then take an eternity to ship. I thought at one time they didn't charge the card until the item was in a truck, on its way? Perhaps I'm just dreaming.

sirene, their policy has always been (afaik) that they don't charge your cc until they ship. The exception to this has been PayPal, if you use PayPal, you get charged right away.

Yup- I agree with you- although I don't see any excuse for why items shouldn't be sent out within the week and for a shipping confirmation to be sent. I always have to check to my order to see if it's been shipped. I ordered on the 10th- it says "shipped" on the 14th, but really, it doesn't get picked up until the 19th so I won't get it until the 25th. I love HH, but now I won't buy something unless it's a huge deal.

sirene, their policy has always been (afaik) that they don't charge your cc until they ship. The exception to this has been PayPal, if you use PayPal, you get charged right away.

Huh? They always charge my credit card right away. My last order was placed on 8/17 - same day my card was charged; however, HH says shipped 8/21 and UPS says "could not locate."

Last edited:
I'm confused because I thought part of the CS problem was that all the B-O'd merch had already hit the charge cards. So only true for Paypal? (Not that that makes any sense or is acceptable.)

My card has been charged right away in the past. Just last month I was charged right away for the elusive Euc Celina cuff and another item I ordered with it. I was given a tracking number right away, got the EOD three days later, was refunded for the cuff another two days later and then my other item shipped two days after that (a week after I purchased & was charged).

I don't think that they can legally charge you for merchandise until it ships unless it's a pre-order deposit type situation. I have stuff that said it shipped on 8/14 and the tracking link shows nothing other than that UPS received their info. I hate calling there too because usually I get someone who spends too much time giving me a "non-answer" to my question like when I politely inquired about whether they were indeed going to sell shoes this Fall - she spent 10 freakin' minutes telling me maybe yes, maybe no -- good grief! Maybe that's how they justify charging our cc's right away - they just say it's been shipped when it hasn't?? Nothing I ever order from the East Coast takes as long as HH to get to me which leads me to believe when they say it's "shipped" it has not shipped at all. I only buy stuff when it's either something I'm dying for (Michelle Scarf for example) or such a great deal, it's worth the frustration! That's not a good sign for this particular business -- the winners in this economy are going to people who not only have a great product at a great price, but those who have good customer service and I count HH at a very low level for CS!

wow, this stagnant shipping really is an issue!! I am surprised that so many people have packages sittin in limbo!

I agree about the love/hate thing, and I, too, get mad at myself for continuing to buy stuff from them! But, sometimes the sales have such great deals on things that are so yummy, or make the gifting of such things affordable!

I'm gonna email them again today, telling them my email from UPS said that they've never received the package, and I'm gonna ask them if they can please actually ship the goodies Monday! Although, now that I think about it, since UPS comes @ 1ish, I won't get my stuff in time Tues for my trip :sad:

Siouxie, better than emailing, call HH CS and ask to speak to Nitza. (Someone chime in if I've gotten her name wrong.) Salina is very nice and sometimes helpful, but in my experience, Nitza is in a position to get things done when something falls through the crack.

Jenn - Most of the time when I've called HH, I get voicemail (during business hours) and no one ever calls me back. Makes me loath to call them again much less expect to speak to one person in particular.

Unfortunately, HH's piss poor customer service is having a halo effect, and I'm starting to dislike a lot else about them (in case you couldn't tell!).