Customer Service # complaint

mixlv

Wendy S The Loving Fifty
Dec 18, 2014
Hi Everyone,
This has been bugging me a few days so I decided to share it here amongst friends. So - my friend Leo Lion LV did an unboxing of her new Pallas Clutch in Pink Fizzy and I fell in love with it. I tried it on at the store but not in pink and passed but when I saw it in the pink I knew I needed to have it. We were texting back and forth and she told me there were not many left. So I texted my SA but she didn't get back to me because she wasn't working that night. I looked on-line and the website said "call for availability." I called and the guy who answered "checked" and told me it was "100 percent sold out nationwide and there are none left." I texted Leo Lion LV and she said "let me check for you." She texted back about 10 minutes later and told me where I could find 2 of them in stores nearby - in fact 1 was at my usual store that I shop at. I called them and bought it that night.

I was annoyed that the customer service rep out-right lied to me about the availability. Maybe he was just too lazy to look? But why would we - us LV lovers - have more accurate and better information than the 1-888 customer service number did?

I just had to vent about this awful customer service experience to people who can understand.
xoxo Wendy

Hi Everyone,
This has been bugging me a few days so I decided to share it here amongst friends. So - my friend Leo Lion LV did an unboxing of her new Pallas Clutch in Pink Fizzy and I fell in love with it. I tried it on at the store but not in pink and passed but when I saw it in the pink I knew I needed to have it. We were texting back and forth and she told me there were not many left. So I texted my SA but she didn't get back to me because she wasn't working that night. I looked on-line and the website said "call for availability." I called and the guy who answered "checked" and told me it was "100 percent sold out nationwide and there are none left." I texted Leo Lion LV and she said "let me check for you." She texted back about 10 minutes later and told me where I could find 2 of them in stores nearby - in fact 1 was at my usual store that I shop at. I called them and bought it that night.

I was annoyed that the customer service rep out-right lied to me about the availability. Maybe he was just too lazy to look? But why would we - us LV lovers - have more accurate and better information than the 1-888 customer service number did?

I just had to vent about this awful customer service experience to people who can understand.
xoxo Wendy
You can send an email complain via the website. They do get back to you within a couple of days.

Wow! I'm glad you were able to get one! It's frustrating to say the least! There's so much inconsistency lately...a friend and I just had this conversation last weekend.

This is strange. I mean they are in the business of selling their products. Perhaps you just got a bad apple on the phone. In The past I have had great customer service. I once called for a discontinued bag they tracked down 2 for me and voila within a week, one store had shipped it to me. Sorry you had the experience but yeah your getting the bag!!!!!

Ps I just checked website and it's available.

Last edited:
I think their customer service is very hit or miss. It's much easier just to deal with one person. Still waiting to find out when my order will be shipped that I placed on Sunday....I'm not sure why it's so difficult to get an answer about it..I think some people are knowledgeable there and some are not, not sure if it's a training issue but for a luxury company they have a bunch of issues.....

Hmm one time they told me that a shirt I want doesn't exist when I know for a fact that it does (the website only shown the short sleeve and I want the long sleeve) but I said "Oh, ok" and thanked him anyway. It doesn't really bother me. I usually just chat with Customer Service to ask about pricing on RTWs (website doesn't have prices on those) and sometimes availability out of curiosity. I tend to not bother my SA with those questions as it's tedious and I can obtain answers from CS much quicker.

I talked about it jokingly with my SA about how clueless CS was. They probably sit in a cube somewhere doesn't even know what the product look like in real life. Granted Louis Vuitton is a luxury empire and CS should know their materials but everyone makes mistake/has a bad day. They are always polite so that's all I want from them.

I have had a similar experience at Nordstrom. Website said known available locally. Went into store just to look and there was the Jewelry item supposedly not available locally. I think sometimes inventory is not counted or noted correctly.

Reactions: fabuleux
Hi Everyone,

xoxo Wendy
I just saw this post!! I totally get you!! Many times poeple working for customer service and even some SA don't have enough love for LV or enough information as we do...that's why it is nice to have this kind of network....xoxo Lara