Custom Jewelry.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,
    I need a little help. My dilemma is stemming from a previous post I made about Keyshia Cole's ring. http://forum.purseblog.com/celebrity-bags-and-style/id-keyshia-coles-ring-pls-413721.html

And it was later suggested that I go to a jeweler to have it made. Now here's my problem - I have absolutely no clue how to go about this...what questions to ask, etc. I've trying taking my dilemma to the internet and i've turned up with 0 (maybe i'm not searching the right things...i dunno). Can anyone point me in the right direction pleaseeeeee?:Push:

If it helps, I'm in the DC area so if anyone know any jewelers in the area that would be beautiful :tup: Thanks in advance :love:

2. Hello, pursefiend, when I wanted a custom mount for my stone, I went to my own jeweler who sent my ideas to his designer who was actually out of state. My jeweler has used this gentleman for years....he executed a computerized image of what I wanted, then a wax model then the actual piece.

What you need, to begin with, I feel, is a good relationship with a dedicated jeweler.....

3. so i was told not to do a mainstream jeweler like kay and zales. But to find one of those mom and pop places? the frustrating part is knowing where to look grrr :Push:

4. Try pricescope for suggestions. I think Whiteflash is a place many people use for custom jewelry, although I haven't used them personally. Not sure who I'd go to in the DC area, maybe Tiny Jewel Box? Although I have a feeling they might be overpriced (even though I love what I've gotten there) and I'm not sure they do custom work.

5. sheesh. this is hard. :sweatdrop: