Custom fees buying from U.K?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I am interested in buying an item worths 400 pounds at U.K. I currently live at United States. Does anyone know if I need to pay custom fees to the U.S government? I tried to google it but couldn't find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Hi, if you do a search on here for customs you'll probably come up with quite a few threads, the long and the short of it is that you may or may not have to pay anything, it's the luck of the draw really.

3. Here is a thread that contains links to various countries customs regulations:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/customs-duties-websites-links-various-countries-postal-services-558212.html

Keep in mind though that in many countries (Canada and the US for sure), that even though an item might be eligible for customs, they do not always bother charging them. Its the luck of the draw whether or not you will be charged.