Current trends and thoughts

I love this top, but that extra long piece of fabric at the waist has got to go. I would get it tailored.

liking this simple styling of the wrap top. bow is a smidge big tho.
9927046_fpx.tif

Visited Kurt Cobain memorial, in Aberdeen, WA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain_Memorial_Park
A filthy bridge area, with graffiti & dead-eyed youths skateboarding.
Captured his music/style perfectly.:doh:

Thank you!!! Love that my kids appreciate his music.

Can you believe their daughter is 25? Only 2 years younger than when Kurt passed.

Time really flies. And yet all these years later I am considering purchasing Chanel combat boots to go with my slip dresses. I will consider the expense an homage to my college years. [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92][emoji92][emoji92]

Colored shoes with jeans is fine. I'm not really into boots, booties, off-placed heels or old worn out ratty jeans better suited for cleaning rags however.

I don't understand why people are so focused on 'trends' and what other people are wearing or what writers tell people they should be wearing.

That whole look would be much better with new jeans and either heels or trainers/flats.

Reactions: Liberté
Colored shoes with jeans is fine. I'm not really into boots, booties, off-placed heels or old worn out ratty jeans better suited for cleaning rags however.

I don't understand why people are so focused on 'trends' and what other people are wearing or what writers tell people they should be wearing.

That whole look would be much better with new jeans and either heels or trainers/flats.
I am very interested in observing trends, they are often a reflection of cultural shifts to come. They are also fun, entertaining and can be innovative. Anyone not interested doesn’t have to participate. :smile:

maybe the word "trend" is a turn off for some people. It can also be described as something that is widely discussed, used, worn, popular, or however you choose to use it. Most importantly, awareness of it doesn't mean you are a slave to it imo.

i wear whatever i like, that fits my body. if it's a trend, fine, that just means I'll find more options depending on designer, fit, price, etc. if it's not a trend, or a trend I'm not into, that's cool too. Its just fun to see certain things come back into mainstream consciousness on a wider level due to social media. back in the days, we only had tv, magazines, radios and newspapers to tell us what's popular, now there are so many more ways that kind of info gets its way to us.

the proliferation of media saturation can be annoying, but only if you let it. i say bring on technology, but at the end of the day, i'm still going to wear what makes me happy. hope everyone still enjoy providing their opinions on trends and suggestions on how to style them...i certainly appreciate the dialogue and reading others' thoughts.