Current floor merchandise

Alexa5

O.G.
Nov 2, 2011
I admit that I mostly just walk slowly by the Coach store as I never feel comfortable going in there...it is always empty, I already know what most of the merchandise looks like from online and department stores, etc. But on my most recent walk by, I felt like the merchandise did not look inviting at all. It was literally all very neutral colors...black/cream/white, and then that blushy pink color. Nothing wrong with any of the bags in particular, but as a whole it appeared lacking since there was no other color.

I find it interesting that this is what they have now, but then have the ad campaign like the one shown in the previous thread. It really does appear that Coach is confused on how they want to represent themselves because the two looks are completely different from each other.

Yeah, whoever does their floor designs needs to be replaced. For the last few years the stores have been boring. I have mentioned this to the managers of a couple of stores and was told that they receive instructions on how to arrange and display everything.
Shelves are half empty, with only a percentage of the bags on display. IMO, the stores should carry every style of bag that Coach is selling, if not all the colors. How do they expect to sell bags when they don't have them out for the customer to see? The stores are usually empty, or people pop in, take a quick look around and walk right out.

In contrast, in the malls near me, the Michael Kors stores are interesting, full of merchandise, bags, jewelry, even clothing. There are always lots of people shopping.

I wouldn't have thought to take a picture, however if you look at the first few rows of handbags in the new arrivals section on the Coach website, this pretty much explains what you see when you look in. Again, the bags are okay individually, but as a whole it makes for a very boring display due to the color families.

I think there's a couple of things going on here. The current merchandise is still Krakoff's stuff, and traditionally the spring and summer colors tend to be softer and more pastel. The new ad campaign is displaying Vever's designs, plus the fall and winter colors which tend to be brighter and more vibrant.

My store is boring and empty too. I never want to go in because the SAs practically jump up my butt to try to sell me something. Lol. There's enthusiasm and then there's desperation and I hate to say that my store has an air of desperation. Even the Vera Bradley store has more customers than my Coach store. I really do think it's because VB has a lot of color and draws people in to look and the Coach store is a little bland.

My store looks really "sterile" & boring too. By contrast the MK store a few doors down seems to always be buzzing!
The recent legacy days brought more vibrancy to the coach store. I don't go in anymore bc I don't see the point (for me personally).

I agree - I used to love going into the stores, but over the last year I don't enjoy going because what I want to see isn't in stock and needs to be ordered. But they have tons of space that is being unused. :shrugs: I have envision what the bag looks like by looking at the bag in one color and something else in the color I want. Plus it's always empty and the SAs while wonderful are borderline clingy. I miss feeling excited when I go to the Coach store... :cry:

At least store design wise, a lot of Coach stores lacks the "glitz" which they all had at a point in time. Compared to Tory Burch, Kate Spade, MK, etc. all or most of those store fronts look really nice!

Last edited:
My FP store was supposed to be remodeled but my SA said it had been pushed out a year. She said they had gotten negative feedback on some of the stores that had been remodeled as being too cold, too dark, and less inviting. Essentially she said they were going back to the drawing board.