Curious

1. This is the second item that I have purchased from overseas and am wondering why it smells like moth balls?? has anyone experienced this with their purchases?? How in the world do I get this awfull smell out??

2. Lots of Asian stores put moth balls in their stock room to prevent some little bugs from eating up wool/leather material.

Air your bag and the smell will go away in a few days.

3. from LV Lady?

My babylone was like that (but I love it!) - Try some fabric softener sheets. I actually didn't do anything and the smell was gone after about 2 weeks of using it.

4. because of the humidity over there.

Irene has bought a few bags from there and had the same issue. She's been lucky just turning the bags inside out and using fabreeze.

5. Just leave it exposed in the air for a couple hours. Should be fine in no time. :yes:

6. I think there are a few threads regarding how to get rid of the smell. Try searching the forum. ;)

As for the mothball smell, some PFers mentioned that most of those bags are from countries with hot weather.

7. Stuff it with dryer sheets or charcoal & leave it in a sunny place. If it has a lining you can turn inside out then pulll it out & spray it with febreeze & leave it in a sunnyy place. Irene has really good advice about this problem I think you can search mothball & find a lot of help.

8. Am I the only one in the world who likes the smell of mothballs?:shrugs:

9. ^^^ Yes! :lol:

I ALWAYS ask about the mothball smell BEFORE I buy from sellers in the Orient.

10. Thanks Ladies- I will head to the store for some dryer sheets and see what I could do. I so wanted to use this in a couple of weeks on my trip to New England- I sure hope that it is gone before I leave...:sad:

11. I have a LV monogram complete with mothballs- ya wanna buy it..:graucho:

12. "Does it come full set, with the dustbag, care booklet AND mothball smell?" :lol: :P

13. Air it out as much as possible and try febreeze. I had a closet that reeked of mothballs (too strong for even dryer sheets) from a previous tenant and I got an odor absorbing block (comes in a tub like sour cream) from a hardware store. Its charcoal and some other stuff. It got rid of the smell in a few days. :flowers:

14. Oooh, how nice a trip to New England to see all those fabulous fall colors!

BTW, am I the only one who has the image of a stockroom stacked with LV bags each filled to the brim with mothballs? :lol:

15. Baking soda works well too ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice