Curious, if you have a damier piece with red linen lining

That's exactly what I'm thinking! I just got this bag today and haven't even carried it outside. This is crazy. How did this get past quality control? I'll update this thread tomorrow or whenever LV e-mails me back. Jadore, thanks for the tip---I will write down my date code if I have to send it back. But, didn't I read somewhere that if your lining is replaced they update the date code? Big PITA.

I love this speedy, but I'm afraid if I go to exchange it they will all be this way. Now, if LV wants me to send it in, I want to pick the lining I get. Can we do this? I would much rather have the brown lining that I know won't bleed onto stuff. Even though it won't be as pretty, at least it will be suitable to use.

well the store manager at toronto will either give me a new bag, exchange for another style or give me store credit. I think i will just get a new bag becuase i love the bag!!!

im so irritated by them too! i called sydney's LV the other day, and they told me to send it back to the store, but i dont live anywhere near the store. and they said i shouldnt put anything thats lightly colored near the lining. i was like WTF!

For some people I read they just exchanged the bag. What is seems like to me, is they had a batch of lining that did not 'cure' correctly. Many people have had damier for years with no problems. I would be curious to see if all those who have had problems have the same date code / same factory (spain, france, etc)

Ugh, I would be so irritated if the SA told me I shouldn't have put light colored items in the bag because that would be implying that it is MY fault and me to blame for the occurance! Furthermore, if a $10 bag with colored lining doesnt stain, it doesnt make sense that a $700 bag would. On top of that, the red lining inside the damier isnt supposed to stain items to begin with based on the experience of many purse forumers whove had damier items for a while now.

Maybe when you go exchange bring a small white towel and rub in on the speedy you are thinking of exchanging for. Yes, it is a bit weird and you might come across as a little nuts but that way at least you can be sure you wont get another defective one and go through the pain and hassle of 1. going back to the store 2. convinving lv to even give you an exchange as opposed to sending it in for repairs (it doesnt make sense that you should pay such a high price for a new item then have to send it right back in to get completely taken apart and put back together; i feel its almost like getting a damaged and then refurbished item when you pay full retail) 3. going through the hassle of picking a speedy and testing it out again. Good luck to everyone! Hope it turns out well!