Curious Georgie

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
I returned my toffee saff mini satchel (which a SA immediately put on hold for herself!) & I came home w/ these yesterday:
Madison small Georgie (aka "Curious Georgie" as named by my girls) in pink ruby. It was 50% off, so $328 to $164. I never had this on my radar, but I like the shape & it looked good on me ;) But it's also pretty darn pink, so I'll see... (Ok I just noticed some minor defects on it, uh oh!). There's not much love around here for Georgie it seems...?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404670501.907011.jpg

And Madison gathered clutch in magenta. This came to a CRAZY clearance price: $228 to $34.50!!!! In the past I bought a silver & a black one for $119 each so I'm shocked at this price! She looks quite at home w/ her sisters ;) ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404670542.779149.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404670550.532112.jpg

And I put this one in the mini reveal thread last week, but here again is my other cray cray steal... MFF Park large wristlet/clutch in turquoise. It was incorrectly marked in red at $19.99 instead of $79.99; the manager said they had to honor it, so w/ the 50% off, it was $10! This is great to take to the pool or throw in the diaper bag.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404670589.965135.jpg
Group shot:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404670610.757046.jpg
Oh happy outlet day! Thanks for looking! :smile:
(& please give me your honest thoughts on Georgie, style & color, thanks!)

I got my Georgie recently and it was never really on my radar screen. It was a fantastic deal. I was trying it on for kicks and was kind of wowed by her. I love the size. It holds a lot and still looks good wearing her cross body.

I have been searching for a versatile summer bag and the Georgie ended up being perfect.

Depending on the defects and what else is in your collection, I say keep her, especially since you got her at such a great price.

Pretty! You said minor defects. What's wrong with it?

I'll preface the pics by saying I'm not an overly picky person, but these are the small defects I noticed:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404684510.654262.jpg

A problem in the stitching. It makes it a little bumpy & pokey on the strap
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404684571.442179.jpg

And a spot of color loss here.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404684660.621867.jpg

This is some weird line across the front & a little color loss, maybe from someone trying to clean it? It unfortunately doesn't fall hidden under the flap.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404684520.531267.jpg

I couldn't really see the line across the front; not sure if the other problems would bother me much. I think the style of the bag is really cute. My hesitation would be the color - are you used to carrying bright colored bags? If so, then I say keep it, because the pink is really pretty. But if you're not used to it, it might always feel like too much. Congrats on your other items!

I think the problem with the Georgie not having so much conversation is because of the limited colors they came out with. They really didn't have much to offer everyone which is unfortunate because it is a great size for those looking for something less "mini".

I ended up getting the white ostrich one, but wasn't happy with the price I had to pay even with it on sale. And especially now that I have seen some marked down even more. I like my Georgie, but I would have liked it better with more color options. I felt a little like I bought the one I liked best, but it is not my favorite bag.

Glad you found one! I did see that one at the outlet, and I only get to the outlet once a year at most. That was the only delete I saw there that was close to interesting. The rest of the store was very blah.

I couldn't really see the line across the front; not sure if the other problems would bother me much. I think the style of the bag is really cute. My hesitation would be the color - are you used to carrying bright colored bags? If so, then I say keep it, because the pink is really pretty. But if you're not used to it, it might always feel like too much. Congrats on your other items!

I think the brightness of the pink is definitely what has me unsure of it. I like color, (2 of my favorite bags in my collection are my uv duffle & jade Juliette) but this shade of pink combined w/ the gold hw is a little loud. I think silver hw would've maybe toned it down.
And the other problem I'm finding is that it's not going w/ much in my wardrobe! It's so pretty, but maybe not for me :/

I think the brightness of the pink is definitely what has me unsure of it. I like color, (2 of my favorite bags in my collection are my uv duffle & jade Juliette) but this shade of pink combined w/ the gold hw is a little loud. I think silver hw would've maybe toned it down.
And the other problem I'm finding is that it's not going w/ much in my wardrobe! It's so pretty, but maybe not for me :/
That is definitely the issue I had with the pink one. I could not get into it with the gold hardware. I had the same issue with the orange and the gold hardware. I think it would have been much more marketable with silver hardware as well. On the mini preston, the pink is so cute...it seems to work better on other bags, and especially those with silver hardware.

On the white ostrich, they have gold hardware, but it toned down a bit, and with the most white, and some pink highlights the gold works okay. I still am bummed I don't like it as much as a I should. I carried it recently for a few days and just don't have that same feeling I have with some of my other bags.

If it doesn't work with your wardrobe, you probably won't ever carry it. Sounds like it need to be re-homed to another Coach lover!