Curious, Do you buy 2 (or more) of your favorites?

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Wondering if I’m the only one that buys multiples of a makeup favorite? If I find an eyeshadow or lipstick/lipgloss I love I will usually buy 2 (or more) - one for handbag, one for makeup drawer. I do this more with lipstick/lipgloss because then I won’t forget to put in my purse for reapplication during the day and I have extra if the color is changed/discontinued. What about you???? (Yes I’m officially bored)

No. I don't do this. Fashion changes so fast, and I'm always out on the hunt for new colors (eyes and lips) in different brands even though they could have similar tones, I feel they are different. For example, I have SO many different nude lipsticks, red lipsticks, different gold toned eyeshadows, different burgundy eyeshadows,...etc.

I just feel like once something runs out (no longer available), it means I need to change as well.

Reactions: 880 and Staci_W
Yes, I do this, but it is more a prepper-thing :biggrin:
I hate, hate, hate it when my favorites are suddenly discontinued.

However, I space out handcream everywhere :biggrin:
Yes! Because of what Sferics said about product being discontinued all. the. time.

I always purchase 4 of everything. Mostly due to damage from being dropped, being lost (somehow...), used up, and being discontinued.

Now thanks to Covid-19 protocols from our Union, my purchases will be quadrupled (on top of the already 4 purchases per) for everything once we get back to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 880 and Sferics
Yes I do, with limited editions. It’s such a bad habit and I developed it recently but I can’t stop. Lately I’ve been obsessing over the Selena la reina collection from Mac — I keep buying multiples whenever they pop back up on the site or go on sale on other sites :P
And I have another bad habit...I buy things like palettes that I most likely won’t use but if the packaging is to die for then I gotta have it :facepalm:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and misstrine85
Yes I do, with limited editions. It’s such a bad habit and I developed it recently but I can’t stop. Lately I’ve been obsessing over the Selena la reina collection from Mac — I keep buying multiples whenever they pop back up on the site or go on sale on other sites :P
And I have another bad habit...I buy things like palettes that I most likely won’t use but if the packaging is to die for then I gotta have it :facepalm:

I have the very limited Chanel palette from 2011 that I will never ever use. I really enjoy looking at it, but it is too pretty and too rare to use.

Reactions: 880 and Soniaa
Not usually. I have a difficult time hitting pan on anything. If a skincare product I loved suddenly went on sale though, then I probably would.

• Love
Reactions: 880
I've bought back ups in the past. I don't anymore. I have so much make-up, and it lasts so long, that I don't run out of things. I toss makeup because it's old, not because I've ran out. Backups are just unnecessary. The only extras I buy now are brow gel and mascara. Those things dry up in a reasonable amount of time.

I used to, but then I figured out that it ended up being wasteful for me. I love makeup, I have quite a bit, and I'm always wanting to try new things, so those "backups" would end up just sitting unused for too long.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and keodi