Curious about Small Phoebe? and a reveal :)

Lovefrommich

Nov 27, 2012
I previously had the small black violet phoebe and returned her for the small black violet madeline. I was so nervous about the hardware on the front flap pocket that I decided to change my mind and get the phoebe back! I already have a black/silver and a cranberry/light gold small phoebe and LOVE this style of bag. They are so easy to use, so comfy, and so pretty in my opinion.

Here she is:

There's a lot of discussion about the size difference between regular and small phoebes, and it does really come down to personal preference, body size/height, and how much you like to carry in your bag. There have been a lot of mod shots but I haven't noticed a lot of inside shots, so I thought this might help...

This is a full size wallet inside the inner zipper compartment. There is plenty of room still left over above and on the sides of the area.

Here is the wallet inside one of the side openings:

Love this! Congrats on a lovely bag.

- I'm just waiting (hoping) for small Phoebe to come out in Sand and Dark Plume. (A girl can dream, right?) :whistle:

Last edited:
I don't think there is much difference between the sizes myself. What I have issue with is that the smaller one does not have a drop-length as long as the regular so that definitely limits me :sad:.

I don't think there is much difference between the sizes myself. What I have issue with is that the smaller one does not have a drop-length as long as the regular so that definitely limits me :sad:.

It's weird because I find quite a significant difference between the two. I don't carry a ton of stuff but I don't like my bags to feel full, and the small Phoebe feels "full" and not as squishy with my stuff in it.

I think it's great they make two sizes (well really three with buffalo) because there's something for every preference!

oh i'm happy to hear that you got a bag that you truly love!! hehehe you knew it was the one when you let it go but just had to have it back! def. a keeper! thanks for the pics....i finally got to play with the Phoebes over the weekend and as the leather is just so smushy and its gorgeous! congrats on yours

I have the small black violet Phoebe, and I love it. I'm no tiny person, but I prefer to have bags that don'!! feel like they're taking up the entire side of my body. Because I'm so short-waisted, a lot of bags really overwhelm my torso. Often I've found Coach to make the regular size too big and the small size too small, but to me the Phoebe is one that they got just right!

Love your wallet, too!