Curious about Gucci Authenticating....

AllthingsLV

LVoe
O.G.
Apr 26, 2009
Hi,

I didn't want to post this in the authentication thread because they are busy authenticating. But I'm wondering how it works. I've noticed that they authenticate or comment on some posts and not others, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern. I completely understand that this is a volunteer effort and the authenticators can respond to what they want, I'm just wondering how you know what they'll respond to? I posted a request for a Gucci authentication, but it was bypassed. People who'd posted after me get immediate responses, not all, but some. And then I'll see people who posted before me will get a response. So I post again....and still nothing. I went back and reread the instructions for authentication requests and my posts seem to be in order. So again, I'm just wondering...do they not respond to some posts because they're not familiar with the style/design? Is there an order or process that the authenticators follow?

Any clarification is much appreciated. TIA!!!

Hi,

I didn't want to post this in the authentication thread because they are busy authenticating. But I'm wondering how it works. I've noticed that they authenticate or comment on some posts and not others, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern. I completely understand that this is a volunteer effort and the authenticators can respond to what they want, I'm just wondering how you know what they'll respond to? I posted a request for a Gucci authentication, but it was bypassed. People who'd posted after me get immediate responses, not all, but some. And then I'll see people who posted before me will get a response. So I post again....and still nothing. I went back and reread the instructions for authentication requests and my posts seem to be in order. So again, I'm just wondering...do they not respond to some posts because they're not familiar with the style/design? Is there an order or process that the authenticators follow?

Any clarification is much appreciated. TIA!!!

Anyone may try authenticating who has 500 + posts but there are some people who are official authenticators (these wear 'badges' under their avatar)

Authenticators are just normal members trying to help out (i.e. volunteers). They can set their own criteria for answering or not answering.

At Gucci we have different people do different types, e.g. I usually deal with vintage. This can make it seem posts are skipped but actually someone will come along later to 'do their bit'.

Possible reasons for skipping:

Most commonly, some posts are just skipped because they are not posted to form (every pic on a link, pics too small and/or with flash, no inside pics, just the tag etc) and sometimes when there is a bit more time and you may see phrases such as 'insufficient pics' or 'no red flags but please pos X, Y or Z' which means someone hasn't photographed as required post 1 & 2.

Some posts are skipped because they are the same bags as in previous listings and have been done before (even if they've been re-listed time and time again).

Some posts are skipped because they are posted by the seller or would-be seller (some of us don't mind working on these while others do since someone will make money from)

Some posts are skipped because the listing is no longer active which is a requirement some authenticators have

Some posts are skipped because items are very hard to authenticate, e.g. small silver pieces, some belts, made for outlet shoes etc

Hope this clarifies at least a bit, of course we are not the only authenticators around but most don't devote their time, experience and knowledge for free.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Anyone may try authenticating who has 500 + posts but there are some people who are official authenticators (these wear 'badges' under their avatar)

Authenticators are just normal members trying to help out (i.e. volunteers). They can set their own criteria for answering or not answering.

At Gucci we have different people do different types, e.g. I usually deal with vintage. This can make it seem posts are skipped but actually someone will come along later to 'do their bit'.

Possible reasons for skipping:

Most commonly, some posts are just skipped because they are not posted to form (every pic on a link, pics too small and/or with flash, no inside pics, just the tag etc) and sometimes when there is a bit more time and you may see phrases such as 'insufficient pics' or 'no red flags but please pos X, Y or Z' which means someone hasn't photographed as required post 1 & 2.

Some posts are skipped because they are the same bags as in previous listings and have been done before (even if they've been re-listed time and time again).

Some posts are skipped because they are posted by the seller or would-be seller (some of us don't mind working on these while others do since someone will make money from)

Some posts are skipped because the listing is no longer active which is a requirement some authenticators have

Some posts are skipped because items are very hard to authenticate, e.g. small silver pieces, some belts, made for outlet shoes etc

Hope this clarifies at least a bit, of course we are not the only authenticators around but most don't devote their time, experience and knowledge for free.
Thank you for providing this feedback!

Reactions: papertiger