Curiosity poll..How many of us are former LV addicts

I still love both but I think I got to a point where I have most if not all of the LV bags that I love and no new have come out that I want......there are still a few LV I may want in the future but I also like a diverse collection so I'll continue to go mostly between LV and Chanel. quote]

^^I'm in the same boat as you...well said Lola. :yes:

I used to be into Louis Vuitton - the epi leather only though. Then came CHANEL, with occasional detours to Hermes. Chanel handbags I like for the mostly effortless elegance, simplicity and timelessness.....

me me me *hands up!*

used to be mad about LV not so much anymore but i still like their bags, but i never posted in the lv forum cos there were too many posts.

but now the only section i visit all the time is the chanel section even though i don't have a chanel collection :sad:

I like LV but lust Chanel. I sold a few of my LV bags this past year to relatives and do use the ones I have left every now and then. I really love Chanel now. I am waiting for fall to see the cabas colors. I am still thinking of the denim cabas??? But the quality issues posted on the board concern me. I don't live near a Chanel so everything I buy is from a high end store where a friend works so we can talk on the phone while she looks and tries on bags for me. She is not in to Chanel---so it is a bit hard to get her excited about a bag. I did buy the LV Neverfull bag for summer, just needed a knock around bag and I really love it but I now think I should have just bought the denim cabas and get over my "thinking" and taking my time before I buy a bag. I do not buy on impulse, it has to be thought out.
I also find the Chanel ladies very friendly. I find in the LV forum god forbid you actually post that you don't like a bag when someone asks your opinion.
I do like the understated elegance of Chanel. I think as I get older I appreciate Chanel more. I never was in to Chanel when my sister kept buying them but now I love it more than any others.

I'm completely greedy. I'm devoted to Chanel, LV, and Balenciaga. My lurking rate varies in between these forums. I've had my flap obsession, bbag obsession, and LV LE obsession until I get one, and than it starts over again. It's all cyclical, cause I'm lurking back here again now :P

I am totally in the same boat...I thought nothing could get better than a brand new LV bag....until I got my first Chanel! I don't think I will ever buy another designers bag again...

i have been lv addict for 7 years now, and i have been wanting to add chanel on my collection for a very long time, but for some reason everytime i want to buy chanel and ready to plunge that $$$, i end up getting another LV, but since i joined the pf and seeing all your beautiful chanel collection, thats made
up my mind to gear my addiction to chanel... w/c is i think its bad!!!! now i have to find the way to fund this chanel addiction:crybaby::sweatdrop::sad:

I'm a little schizo!! I was 24/7 Coach, hopped over to LV (got a Neverfull MM and vernis wallet), and now I keep coming to the chanel forum. Chanel is beautiful and classic. There was another member who mentioned being tired of paying >/= $1000 for canvas and I agree. I still love the Coach purses and one LV that I have... but I NEED a Chanel. (I am contemplating selling off some of my Coach to fund a Chanel!)

Lucci I agree I was totally obsessed with LV. I would go to the boutiques and know way more than the SA's. I have been told several times by SA's in various states that I should work for LV. I still have 2 or 3 pieces left, everything else has been sold. Once I started buying Chanel I eat, sleep, dream, eat again, dream again about Chanel. The addiction is so bad that I have to like buy something every 2 months. I want a flap in every color!!:heart:

Me too. I used to love LV. In fact, I knew every style they had, knew the price, dimensions,, you name it. My sister in law named a few new styles that recently came out and I was like huh? What's that? LV was hot when the Murakami cherry blossum and multicolor came out. After that, it kind of fizzled.

Im obsessed with flaps too. I'd want one in every color.

Me too! I don't even know when and how it happened but I just suddenly switched over to loving Chanel! LV used to rule my handbag collection. I had a couple of Chanel pieces (cambon & e/w), and a couple odd pieces from other designers like Gucci, Balanciaga, etc. but the majority of my collection was all LV!

The I found myself running out of LV's that I wanted to buy and I would sometimes buy one just for the sake of buying. I guess I was getting bored of LV or growing out of LV without realizing it....maybe even not wanting to face the truth because I didn't know where else to turn!

I soon began lurking on the Chanel forums (May 07) and fell in love with the reissues as soon as i discovered them! I was lucky enough to purchase 2 reissues and that was just the beginning. Suddenly, I started loving anything Chanel. Now, just 3 months after I switched over, I am the proud owner of 4 new Chanel bags and counting! I'm actually in the process of selling half of my LV collection to fund more Chanel purchases!

I feel like all the other designer brands, like LV, that I had purchased in the past was just build-up to the almighty Chanel! It was a wonderful journey!

Me was a LV fan previously and still am..Just that i have bought my 1st Chanel recently and that is when I noticed how different it is to carry a Chanel over a LV. I will definitely invest in a flap one of these days. However, I'm not into LV monogram as it doesn't appeal to me, but other lines of LV are still quite interesting though such as epi, vernis & suhali. I would say Chanel is classier,elegant and exudes a kind of air around her and LV is well , kinda like quite common .. :rolleyes:

I am an LV addict. However, I like the non LE regular daily bags, if I am going to spend LE money I would rather spend it on Chanel. Chanel just seems uber classy to me, so daily normal bags for me are LV LOVE my Speedy but for bags over $2k it's chanel (ok and even some under too lol)