Cupcake decorating for a 4 yo's birthday? Need a good Choc. Frosting recipe!

1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Heyyyy everybody,

Since it seems that my aunt has no clue what to do for my Cousin's birthday party...it seems that I have been planing the whole thing...(*SARCASTIC* Noooo, I'm not bitter or annoyed..:push:smile: Either way.

I'm thinking that it would be fun for Nicole and her friends to decorate their cupcakes with frosting and maybe put some M&Ms and little candy confetti things on there before they eat them. Since we live in Germany, I don't have any way to get that great frosting in a can (Mmmmmm :drool:) that you can get in the US.

Does anybody have a good recipe for home made chocolate frosting? I have found a few online, but I'm hesitant to try them since I don't know how they will come out and we don't really have a lot of time before her birthday.

Anybody think that decorating is a good idea for a bunch of 4 year old girls? IDK, to me it sounds fun!

So...Anybody got a good recipe for Chocolate Frosting??? :biggrin:

2. Hi there,
    This one is by far the easiest I've ever used:

It's called 1 minute Chocolate Frosting -

1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add vanilla. Cool partially, then beat.

Best of luck with the party - it really sounds like the children will enjoy it. Heck, I'd enjoy it :drool: Mmmmmmm cupcakes!!

3. Thanks!! That sounds really good :biggrin:

Should the Cocoa be unsweetened (like Hershey's for Baking) or should it be sweetened (like for hot cocoa)?

Sounds very easy to make :biggrin: