Cultstatus, anyone buy from them before?

strife00

⚓
O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
For quite some time I've been keeping my eye out for a EB MU, and in the states I have had no luck what so ever locating one, I decided that I would branch out onto an international level, finding Cultstatus.com.au

They've been very kind about everything and THEY HAVE THE EB MU, and if anyone is curious I do have their current Balenciaga stock list...back to what I was getting at, originally they said that I could purchase via credit, had to fax then a form after I filled it out and a picture of a Bank/Credit Card statement, just the address piece so that they could verify my billing address. I had everything set to make sure that once I got up this morning I would be able to fax or scan in and email them the form (I stayed up till about 1:30 this morning to make sure they would hold it for me :sweatdrop:)
BUUUTT, when I got up this morning I had an email that they couldn't do a credit card purchase only because if I wanted a refund they would need to have the card present, not that I plan to return it, but I guess they have a point. Anyway, they want me to Direct Deposit the money.

I'd like to know if there was anyone else that had purchased a bbag from them and how it worked out in the end

ohh what hoops I would jump through for my EB...

the worst sales experience i have ever had !! ~ imo like many high end boutiques they simply do not want you to return anything ~ should anything go wrong one can always do a charge back on a credit card ~ nuff said !! ;)

That sounds really weird! I know that many Australian TPFers have used them and sing their praises! It's said they have the best customer service in Australia. However I haven't personally bought from them and don't know what their returns policy is. But they are definitely legitimate. Try doing a seach on them if you want to reassure yourself. I know they have been positively discussed on the Australian BBag club. Good luck and hope you get your EB.

I have bought something from them and they've been great to deal with. I paid by credit card (same procedure as you), there was some issue with the bag and they said I could return it but I decided not to.

I found them helpful, prompt in their communication etc and have no complaints. I don't like the sound of asking you to direct deposit. I'd prefer paying by credit card too, because of the charge back option, as viki says.

I suggest you check with your credit card company to see if they can credit back without having the card present.

Hope you can work it out and get your eb mu!

hi girls :smile: ~ i'm sure there are many out there who have had good experiences but i honestly could not recommend them ~ basically they argued for months about a return making out they were taking their instructions from a *technical adviser* @ Bal Paris ~ they requested e~mail after e~mail, photo after photo, they were going to have it picked up & sent back to Oz ~ then they changed their minds & i was to return it within the UK ~ they then said *no return* as the mystery TA saw no fault in the photos !! ~ i eventually called Paris & they knew absolutely nothing about it :wtf: ~ they simply do not want to deal with mail order returns. never mind, i get to keep the most expensive city i will ever purchase & if i ever feel the need to ruin an outfit with red dye then hey, i'm sorted !! actually, many of the boutiques are trying the same thing ~ no cc payment & no return ~ Bal Paris & Bal Milan are two examples. Bal London tried it when they opened too. Thing is, it's against the law in the UK to sell merchandise unseen (pc pix don't count) without offering a seven day return period but you have to abide by the rules in the country you're purchasing from ~ ever tried calling the equiv of Trading Standards in another country ? :nuts: ~ the only thing that protects us as customers is paying by cc & this is why they are trying to do away with it :cursing: ~ i have some fab SA's world over but i only deal with stores who have a return policy & excellent customer service. i would never tell anyone where to shop that is their perogative but i wouldn't want anyone to go thru what i went thru either :nogood:

here's a little update on the situation on hand, I DO NOT need to direct deposit, it was a mess up on their behalf, it was an email that was ment for someone else, so I'll happily be using a credit card for my EB MU!

Could you let us know what stock they have? I'm interested to see if they stock any shoulders.

No shoulders at Cultstatus. :sad: They are getting in some make ups though. (Don't settle for the make up though if you really want a shoulder. If you're using it as clutch that strap comes in sooooo handy! I love wearing the shoulder on my shoulder. :jammin:).