Cuddle Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
So I was watching a show called Sex Secrets on the Life Network. (What they show on Canadian TV!)

A section of the show dealt with the importance of touch, and cuddle parties were mentioned.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuddle_party):

A Cuddle Party is an event designed to allow people to experience non-sexual group physical intimacy through cuddling. Cuddle Parties are described by organizers as "workshop/social-events" that gives adults an opportunity to "give and receive welcomed affectionate touch in a no-expectation, friendly setting, according to your needs, desires, interests, and boundaries." Cuddle Parties are described as non-sexual events but kissing may occur at some parties.[1]
A Cuddle Party is a group experience, while the one-on-one analog is a cuddlebuddy relationship.
Events have occurred across the United States, including New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Montgomery, Boston, and even Kansas City; internationally reaching Toronto, London, and Melbourne.

People arrive at the destination, pay and then change into pajamas (more comfy than sexy). They go through a welcoming circle with icebreakers, then a two hour cuddling period and then a Closing Circle.

There are rules:

Rules
According to the Cuddle Party web site, the rules of Cuddle Party are as follows:
  1. Pajamas stay on the whole time.
  2. You must ask permission and receive a verbal "yes" before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can.)
  3. You don't have to cuddle anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
  4. If you're a yes, say yes. If you're a no, say no.
  5. If you're a maybe, say no.
  6. You are encouraged to change your mind from a yes to a no or a no to a yes anytime you want.
  7. Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
  8. Get your Cuddle Lifeguard On Duty or Cuddle Caddy if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.
  9. Tears and laughter are both welcome.
  10. Respect people's privacy when sharing about Cuddle Party and do not gossip.
  11. Arrive on time.
  12. Be hygienically savvy.

I wouldn't do this myself, but I could see how this would be beneficial for people who want affection, but somehow aren't getting it. It's better to go to a safe, controlled environment and do this rather than hugging random people on the street.

With me...Cuddling usually leads to sex, so this wouldn't be good for me, lmao.

It's an interesting concept though, but I can't help but think of all the pervs out there who would be dying to snuggle up to some young, perky blonde. KWIM?

I cuddle with SO and son. Why cuddle with strangers?

I can't imagine cuddling up to a guy I'm not romantically involved with anyway. I think ALL the men I cuddled up with for more than 3 minutes got an erection! (As SO said "the guy down there doesn't have much brains....")

i would never attend such a party. i hate it when people i don't know try to get too affectionate with me, i love having my personal space and if i'm not interested in you then back off!

Status
Not open for further replies.