CSGM in warmer climates??

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I am in need of some advice. I am considering a re-location to a much much warmer climate. I currently live in the northern US so I get a lot of use out of my CSGMs in the fall, winter and some spring/summer days/nights. I have a larger collection and I’m wondering if I will get enough use to warrent keeping them all. Can those that live in humid warmer climates (I’m relocating to the most northern part of south FL) comment on CSGM use? If you don’t use CSGMs is there a silk format that you do use?

I don’t live in South Florida but I have spent a lot of time there. South Florida can be surprisingly cool some days and nights. On top that that, it can be very humid outside and freezing inside due to AC. A CGSM in your purse could be very handy. I don’t know how big your collection is but you might use them more than you currently expect.

I live in Southern California (about 75 miles north of the Mexican border) and surprisingly reach for my CGSMs a lot more than any other format. Although it might be 110 outside in the summer, the indoor AC is often downright arctic, so having something to throw over my shoulders is a must. You may also find that your tolerance for lower temperatures changes over time when you live in a climate that is relatively warm year round. I remember when I lived in Hawaii, I would feel like I was going to freeze to death when the high was 65, despite having moved there from NYC .

Same here. I live in a very warm climate though we do have winter (for me it counts!) and use them in cold AC. I may be wearing a tank top outside, but go inside and the AC is frigid some places.

Reactions: LVLover and CMilly
Thank you so much for all your replies! This makes me feel so much better knowing that I will be able to still get use out of my CSGMs! I have heard that your body will adapt to the heat and temps you wouldn't normally be cold in can feel like ice. I'm not sure exactly when this move is going to happen as we have a lot of things that have to be wrapped up before we can go, but the process has started.

You will enjoy having your collection. If & when your needs start to change you can then decide what to do
(process of elimination) I as well usually keep a shawl in my Karo just in case I am in an air conditioned
environment
Good luck with your move...

Reactions: LVLover
You will enjoy having your collection. If & when your needs start to change you can then decide what to do
(process of elimination) I as well usually keep a shawl in my Karo just in case I am in an air conditioned
environment
Good luck with your move...

Thank you, good advice and appreciate the luck ;)