Crystal Earrings

i was just in nordies at MOA yesterday! i saw these beauties. i have a question though - are they mixed metal? sterling silver? basically, i need to know if they contain any nickel...i'm allergic to it! thanks!

I spoke to 2 different people at a Chanel boutique and all they could say is they are not gold, they are not silver, they are just "metal" costume jewelry. Hmm, metal, that narrows it down to several hundred compounds :confused1:. I have been hesitating on getting them because I have sensitive skin and have always stuck to gold or silver jewelry to prevent any problems.
You might try calling a boutique to see if you can get a better answer re: if any of the metal happens to be nickel.

The earrings are a nickel base but are microplated with another metal known as strass. Eventually the plating may wear off, so if you have allergies I would not recommend CHANEL earrings.

I spoke to 2 different people at a Chanel boutique and all they could say is they are not gold, they are not silver, they are just "metal" costume jewelry. Hmm, metal, that narrows it down to several hundred compounds :confused1:. I have been hesitating on getting them because I have sensitive skin and have always stuck to gold or silver jewelry to prevent any problems.
You might try calling a boutique to see if you can get a better answer re: if any of the metal happens to be nickel.

thanks for your answer! guess i won't be able to get these...bummer!

The earrings are a nickel base but are microplated with another metal known as strass. Eventually the plating may wear off, so if you have allergies I would not recommend CHANEL earrings.

aww. i wish i could get them. is there a return policy on pierced earrings at all if i did want to try them out?