*crys* I just noticed my LV strap is splitting in half *pic added*

My strap is ancient & it seems to be one piece of leather, I saw one on ebay that was doing the same thing. I wonder if all the newer ones will split & if this is a common problem LV may replace the whole thing for you. I hope they fix it for you, but if not a replacement will patina faster in the sun or with a little leather conditioner. Sorry this happened to you.

I've glued my accessory pouch strap back together about 15 times......I only had this problem with my very first accessory pouchette....mono canvas. I brought it back to Louis a ton of times and got a bunch of new straps but eventually just gave up and started to glue myself.....if they do give you a new strap there are products you can use to get it to darken quicker, any kind of leather balms work, the greasier the better....I would use this Dr. Marten balm(like the shoes)....as long as it's thick, goey, and greasy it will darken the strap up!

manolo maven said:
My pochette did that too (after serving as my cosmetics bag for a few years, though, not right away).
did you get it repaired? will they repair it via mail. Like I said, I can't just run to a LV store.

Lola24 said:
I've glued my accessory pouch strap back together about 15 times......I only had this problem with my very first accessory pouchette....mono canvas. I brought it back to Louis a ton of times and got a bunch of new straps but eventually just gave up and started to glue myself.....if they do give you a new strap there are products you can use to get it to darken quicker, any kind of leather balms work, the greasier the better....I would use this Dr. Marten balm(like the shoes)....as long as it's thick, goey, and greasy it will darken the strap up!
did they give it to you free or what was cost? Whta glue do you use?