Crunch Leather or Velvet

tesmama

Sep 5, 2008
Which leather should I pick. I am afraid the crunch looks cheap. Does anyone know the return policy at MustHaveBag? (In case I order the Minilisa and don't like it) Thanks!:smile:

I'm wishing for one of each this season. I've heard the crunch leather smells devine and the velvet is very "smooshy". I guess it boils down to which style of bag you like and if it comes in crunch or velvet.

MHB customer service is second to none. They absolutely accept returns if the bag isn't used. Crunch leather, in my opinion, doesn't look cheap and I think it's worth a try to buy one and see what you think. You will never know otherwise! Yes, it has a glazed look but it is not patent leather and if you don't treat it the leather just gets smooshier and less shiny. There are OODLES of pics of minilisas around right now so feel free to peruse the pics and minilisa threads!

Or just look at the two cuties cuddling in my avatar pic ;)

I adore crunch leather. I love the slight glaze, it's lightweight and the colors are teh most vibrant in crunch. It also is great in inclement weather. It smells fantastic also!! Velvet is more matte and is squishier, but personally I prefer the semi structuredness that crunch has.

I think sometimes the crunch leather looks cheap in pics, but in person I don't think it does at all.

However.. the velvet leather looks sooooooooo luxurious. I just haven't seen a style I'm interested for the velvet yet since I don't dig on brown trim and require big bags.

Last edited:
There were a few pics I saw online when I first started researching Tano that the crunch leather looked a bit cheap. Then ... once I found this forum and looked at all the great pics ... I decided to take the plunge.

I don't think the crunch looks cheap at all irl.

I agree that sometimes pics of crunch leather can be misleading but it definitely doesn't look cheap in person. Black crunch leather is especially sexy IMHO.

I agree, the crunch does not look cheap IRL. I had only seen pictures of the crunch leather on here untill yesterday at Barney's outlet. I saw the shopper in grape and was amazed at the leather look and overall construction of the bag. I didn't buy-way too big for me, but nevertheless a gorgeous leather.